Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 05:49 PM

Default help me stop the tilt

ok seriously guys, lookin for help frmo the community... gimme stuff that'll end my mondo tilt
Old 08-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: help me stop the tilt

What is the source of this 'mondo tilt'?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Tilt is a fallacy, a myth, an urban legend. It's an invention of convenience created so poker players have some crutch to lean on rather than take great accountability for their failures and be honest with themselves about their limitations.

It's like writers with writers' block. [censored] you buddy, you aren't a writer with a block, you're a guy who can't write.

I really like Ansky's 'just don't tilt/don't let it exist in your world' approach he posted about like a year ago or so... then of course today he said he was tilting in the 2500... but still, it's good advice if you can make it work.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:05 PM

SDLKGSAG SCREW YOU GUYS, I COME LOOKING FOR HELP IN A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS AND GET NOTHING, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tilt is a fallacy, a myth, an urban legend. It's an invention of convenience created so poker players have some crutch to lean on rather than take great accountability for their failures and be honest with themselves about their limitations.

It's like writers with writers' block. [censored] you buddy, you aren't a writer with a block, you're a guy who can't write.

I really like Ansky's 'just don't tilt/don't let it exist in your world' approach he posted about like a year ago or so... then of course today he said he was tilting in the 2500... but still, it's good advice if you can make it work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but this post is just bad. Tilt doesn't exist? Eh....what? People aren't letting their emotion cloud their judgment? Since when?

Link to ansky's post? Without having read it, it sounds like he's saying 'Don't do stupid stuff' [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SDLKGSAG SCREW YOU GUYS, I COME LOOKING FOR HELP IN A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS AND GET NOTHING, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

[/ QUOTE ]
A lobotomy will likely help.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:15 PM

drink more?

or maybe drink less. not sure.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but this post is just bad. Tilt doesn't exist? Eh....what? People aren't letting their emotion cloud their judgment? Since when?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you name it and accept it as a reality of life it is much easier to let it happen to you.

If instead you admonish it, roll your eyes when people throw around the term as a catch all excuse for their own mistakes it is less likely to occur to you on any sort of regular basis IMO.

Of course there will be times when your emotions get the better of you and cause you to act less reasonably, but after the fact if you just write it off as everyday, unavoidable tilt it's sure to happen again and again, if instead you take personal responsibility and don't think of it as a common part of a gambler's life, you'll be better off.

That's all I meant.

(also, sadly don't have a link to the ansky post, maybe in his well?).
Old 08-18-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
drink more?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that is possible
Old 08-18-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
drink more?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that is possible

[/ QUOTE ]

you've had too much to drink.. or maybe not enough.. i always forget how it works with you.

and kneeco, that mumst be the most retarded thing ever, it has nothing to do with the profession of gamblign as much as it is work-induced stress. stress is in every job, so get off your goddamned high horse and face the real world instead of pretending to be some superior person that has mastered all aspects of maintaining tranquility in life.
*cue HU4ROLLZ gogogogogo*