Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: The semi-fatties that want to lose weight

[ QUOTE ]
I see where Fluff is coming from.

Toned abs are super hot, but 99% of the guys I've met with your stereotypical "perfect" body were either insufferable narcissistic douchebags who gaze at themselves in every reflective surface, or someone who has or has not yet come out of the closet.

So a pudge may not carry a positive connotation but a perfect body CERTAINLY carries a negative one... for me at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just mad because most of them are gay so you can't get you none. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're just mad because most of them are gay so you can't get you none.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oh... Busted!! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, anyone here done HIIT before? I nearly killed myself yesterday and i didn't even finish my third and fourth intervals [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. (4 30-sec intervals)

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched HIIT squats on Youtube a couple months ago and then tried them once. Big mistake. My legs were incredibly sore for at least a few days afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you think getting sore from a workout is a big mistake !?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:36 AM

cbloom,
The soreness i had after HIIT sprint/walk could not be described by words, and i sprinted. i can't even fathom how squatting would feel. kajeebus

[ QUOTE ]
I am super insecure in a gym environment and feel really, really embarrassed and awkward trying to use any equipment. It causes me major anxiety, sorta like the poor Asian kid on "The Pick-Up Artist" who started crying when he had to go into a bar to approach a woman.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I'm Asian and I happen to not work out a lot so i feel insecure in a gym environment. Dont be disencouraged i am the poor asian kid who feels super insecure in a gym environment.

Let's wait until Sunday and I'll put together a list of who wants to lose weight and how much weight they want to lose. Let's make this a weekly accountability thread? Is that a good time frame to weigh in? Also, if anyone wants any side action or something to motivate themselves feel free to do so too.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eek, I didn't mean to come across like anorexic psycho girl. Obviously the pictures that have been posted of me on 2+2 have been the more flattering ones and do not demonstrate any excess fat at all - I wouldn't have it any other way!

I do think guids is probably right that I just need to build some muscle. I am super insecure in a gym environment and feel really, really embarrassed and awkward trying to use any equipment. It causes me major anxiety, sorta like the poor Asian kid on "The Pick-Up Artist" who started crying when he had to go into a bar to approach a woman. So I usually tend to look for solutions that involve losing fat alone rather than trying to gain muscle (although I realize gaining muscle will help me burn more calories, etc). Anyway, I'm looking at this as an opportunity to improve my overall health and body composition.

Fluffpop, 'grats on the 2 lbs. It might not sound like a lot but that is definite progress! I don't think you have anything to lose but I'm sure you look great - just don't lose those boobies! (I'm living vicariously)

[/ QUOTE ]

FFK,

if you have a hangup about working out in a gym, which you shouldnt btw, just go to sports authority and buy 40 or 50 bones worth of dumbellls, you should have more than enoguh weight to get you were you want to be. If you have any questions about how chicks should train, check out the health and fitness forum as there really aint much of a difference in methods for guys v girls.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 AM

So, how is everybody doing on the semi-fatty challenge? I just stumbled on this, but I'm in the same boat. Used to be in great shape, was about 6'1" 180 and pretty jacked. Since college (2yrs) I've put on about 35 lbs and lost most of my muscle. I started re-training in the last 2-3 week, am down about 5 lbs and starting to gain a little muscle tone back. I'm at about 210, I want to lose about 20 more and get my muscles back (at least to be able to bench my body weight).

I'm on a regiment where I do 1-2 workouts per day (cardio/weight/b-ball) with a multivitamin (Flinstones, baby), very high protein diet, B-vitamins, and small amoutns of amino acids/creatine suppliment. Anything else anyone can reccommend?

I love good health, the energy it gives me, and the way it makes me feel about myself. I'm sick of doing things that won't make me proud. Let's do this!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 PM

geez you guys are anorexic. i'm 5'6 weight 160, trying to get down to 145.