Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want JO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take him

sincerely,

a fed up pacers fan

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 08-14-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

<--Lakers fan

We're wasting Kobe's prime. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 01:14 AM

I don't think KG would have gone to LA. He wanted to be on a contender.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KG+Kobe=4th seed. Which equals contender. Not favorite by any means but contender for sure.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:30 AM

Kobe > Pierce + Allen. However, playoff path through East >> path through West.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:22 AM

Also the Celtics have a PG who can give him the ball!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KG+Kobe=4th seed. Which equals contender. Not favorite by any means but contender for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not quite sure people understand just how good Kevin Garnett is due to his former allegiance to one of the shittiest basketball organizations over the past 10 years. They'll understand this year though...some douchebag announcer is going to say in May "Kevin Garnett has established that he is the best player in the NBA, better than Kobe, better than Lebron, simply the best."

What's really nice is that Allen and Pierce aren't slouches on defense either. They are both competent and unselfish. I see the Celtics winning ~62 games this year. It's going to be hillarious when the Celtics run into the Cavs or Pistons in the Conference finals.

Barry
Old 11-05-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*Sigh*

When will Kupcake do something?

If season starts today this is our opening day roster:
C-Kwame Brown
C-Chris Mihm
C-Andrew Bynum
F-Ronny Turiaf
F-Lamar Odom
F-Vlad Rad
F-Brian Cook
F-Luke Walton
G-Kobe Bryant
G-Maurice Evans
G-Derek Fisher
G-Jordan Farmar
G-Sasha Vujacic
G-Coby Karl
G-Javaris Crittenton

The players in bold will probably be our starters. (Maybe Farmar over D-Fish or Mihm over Brown. Whatever)

Anyone happy with making the playoff as the 7th or 8th seed and getting destroyed in the first round again? I know I'm not.

I want JO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whenever I heard these sentiments around the city I always thought does nobody remember how last year the Lakers were kicking general booty, playing really good ball, and putting themselves into the top 10 of almost every power ranking (and some top 5s)? Injuries derailed this team, especially Walton's. Outside of Kobe he's really the only one that gets this offense. He's back, and they have D-Fish as well, who played in the system for almost a decade. Mix that in with a lot of young hustle guys, and the pessimism about this team never really made sense to me. But, as Kobe just pointed out it is really early, and getting carried away might be a a mistake. Even so, these guys are looking damn good, and their second best player isn't even playing. As long as they stay healthy I really doubt this is a 7th seed team.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*Sigh*

C-Kwame Brown
C-Chris Mihm
C-Andrew Bynum
F-Ronny Turiaf
F-Lamar Odom
F-Vlad Rad
F-Brian Cook
F-Luke Walton
G-Kobe Bryant
G-Maurice Evans
G-Derek Fisher
G-Jordan Farmar
G-Sasha Vujacic
G-Coby Karl
G-Javaris Crittenton

The players in bold will probably be our starters. (Maybe Farmar over D-Fish or Mihm over Brown. Whatever)

Anyone happy with making the playoff as the 7th or 8th seed and getting destroyed in the first round again? I know I'm not.

I want JO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whenever I heard these sentiments around the city I always thought does nobody remember how last year the Lakers were kicking general booty, playing really good ball, and putting themselves into the top 10 of almost every power ranking (and some top 5s)? Injuries derailed this team, especially Walton's. Outside of Kobe he's really the only one that gets this offense. He's back, and they have D-Fish as well, who played in the system for almost a decade. Mix that in with a lot of young hustle guys, and the pessimism about this team never really made sense to me. But, as Kobe just pointed out it is really early, and getting carried away might be a a mistake. Even so, these guys are looking damn good, and their second best player isn't even playing. As long as they stay healthy I really doubt this is a 7th seed team.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Suns/Mavs/Spurs
Rockets/Nuggets/Utah"

even if everything goes right for them do you think they're better than any of these 6 teams?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*Sigh*

C-Kwame Brown
C-Chris Mihm
C-Andrew Bynum
F-Ronny Turiaf
F-Lamar Odom
F-Vlad Rad
F-Brian Cook
F-Luke Walton
G-Kobe Bryant
G-Maurice Evans
G-Derek Fisher
G-Jordan Farmar
G-Sasha Vujacic
G-Coby Karl
G-Javaris Crittenton

I want JO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Suns/Mavs/Spurs
Rockets/Nuggets/Utah"

even if everything goes right for them do you think they're better than any of these 6 teams?

[/ QUOTE ]
I might be wrong with this number but they have taken the last 3/4 against the Jazz over this and all of last season. They are better than last year with the addition of Fisher. Do I think they are better than the Nuggets or the Rockets? Ummm right now yes but its close. They have been over-performing I'm pretty sure but they have also been playing without Odom.