Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Switch Xorbie and Chuckles roles?
Yes 8 88.89%
No 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Real Life Man of Genius - Emergency Lane Blocker Guy

[ QUOTE ]
He gains nothing in blocking the shoulder except the satisfaction of not letting these people get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that usually in these situations the people speeding by on the shoulder then have to get back into the normal traffic lanes, increasing the wait time of everyone they have passed. By stopping cars from passing in the shoulder and cutting everyone off at a later point, the person in the SUV saves himself and everyone who would be cut off the additional delay.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He gains nothing in blocking the shoulder except the satisfaction of not letting these people get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that usually in these situations the people speeding by on the shoulder then have to get back into the normal traffic lanes, increasing the wait time of everyone they have passed. By stopping cars from passing in the shoulder and cutting everyone off at a later point, the person in the SUV saves himself and everyone who would be cut off the additional delay.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most people who drive in the shoulder also know how to cut back in without slowing anyone down. Despite that, my gut says these people were trying to get to an exit.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, it sounds like the guy in the SUV is the life nit. I just don't give a [censored] what other people do, especially if it doesn't affect me in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean like driving with fists of rage because assnuggets are zooming by while you're stuck going nowhere and are left to quiver impotently in hatred?

[/ QUOTE ]
If being stuck in traffic reduces you so much physically and emotionally, you should consider taking the train.

Also, I'm probably considered an aggressive driver by most people, even though the way I drive, I think, is more logical (using the left lane to actually pass, brake checking people who are tailgating without reason, etc) than most. I never use the shoulder (except in one spot by the Lincoln Tunnel where everyone does to hit an exit) to pass, but I couldn't care less if a thousand people fly by me. And in REALLY terrible traffic, the shoulder will almost become a fourth (or fifth) lane. That doesn't bother me either.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 AM

I voted Douche/Douche its the only correct line
Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine why you're all applauding the SUV for blocking the shoulder. I see this all the time and it [censored] pisses me off.

Yes, the people flying down the shoulder are huge douchebags. But they're taking a risk that they won't get pulled over and given a pretty big ticket. We don't need BIGGER douchebags in SUVs policing the roads.

I hate people who make it their business to police other people for no reason. He gains nothing in blocking the shoulder except the satisfaction of not letting these people get through. Would the same SUV keep pace with the middle lane while driving in the left lane so other people can't speed? Because that gets you somewhere faster too.

And if I was one of the douchebags flying down the shoulder, I'd out-douche his douchebag shoulder block by cutting around him in the dirt, cutting him off and dead stopping in front of him for about a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you did this then your totally contradicting yourself
Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine why you're all applauding the SUV for blocking the shoulder. I see this all the time and it [censored] pisses me off.

Yes, the people flying down the shoulder are huge douchebags. But they're taking a risk that they won't get pulled over and given a pretty big ticket. We don't need BIGGER douchebags in SUVs policing the roads.

I hate people who make it their business to police other people for no reason. He gains nothing in blocking the shoulder except the satisfaction of not letting these people get through. Would the same SUV keep pace with the middle lane while driving in the left lane so other people can't speed? Because that gets you somewhere faster too.

And if I was one of the douchebags flying down the shoulder, I'd out-douche his douchebag shoulder block by cutting around him in the dirt, cutting him off and dead stopping in front of him for about a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you did this then your totally contradicting yourself

[/ QUOTE ]
No I'm not. If I'm dumb enough to try to fly down the shoulder, and someone else is even dumber and decides to block me, he's now affecting my day, which would piss me off to no end. If you're driving in the regular lanes, there's pretty much no reason to be preoccupied with what people are doing in the shoulder. Just mind your business.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and I just wish there was a separate poll asking people who voted douche/douche which is the bigger douche. I go SUV every time.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and I just wish there was a separate poll asking people who voted douche/douche which is the bigger douche. I go SUV every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct as well IMO. Yes I/you are a douche for riding the shoulder or emergency lane. But how big of Douche are you to block them?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Most people who drive in the shoulder also know how to cut back in without slowing anyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about, the problem is there's a bottleneck and fewer people can get through than normally. How is going around the people who are waiting, so that you can go through before them, any different than cutting in line? This is not the same as blocking the passing lane on a normally operating highway.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people who drive in the shoulder also know how to cut back in without slowing anyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of fail to see how that would be possible, unless they plan to pass the accident in the emergency lane. Considering the usual police presence at accidents, not to mention that it's pretty likely that the emergency lane is blocked at the scene of the accident, that seems improbable.