Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Diddy Riese Cookies - Westwood, CA

For those not from the area: Diddy Riese is a legendary cookie store in Westwood, right off the UCLA campus. They have awesome fresh baked cookies that used to be $0.25 (now $0.35) and create-your-own ice cream sandwiches for $1.00 (now $1.25). Great eats, great price. If you are ever in the area, stop by and try them, you won't be disappointed. Just be warned, the lines are long if you hit it at the wrong time.
Wiki

For those that are familiar: I haven't been in a couple years, but there's a work function tomorrow that I want to bring Diddy Riese to now that I live in the area. What are the must haves if I get a couple dozen or so? My personal fave is the cinnamon sugar. I seem to remember lots of people raving about oatmeal raisin and macadamia nut, both not favorite cookie types of mine, but they may do well served to the large group.

I appreciate any help and hope I inspired some of you to enjoy the greatness that is Diddy Riese.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Diddy Riese Cookies - Westwood, CA

[ QUOTE ]
They have awesome fresh baked cookies that used to be $0.25 (now $0.35) and create-your-own ice cream sandwiches for $1.00 (now $1.25).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an amazing concept that I wish I had thought of before. My mind is blown.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM

I went there a couple years back while visiting a friend at UCLA. Only tried the oatmeal raisin ice cream sandwich, but loved it.

Anyone in the LA area has got to go. They also have small orange juices.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They have awesome fresh baked cookies that used to be $0.25 (now $0.35) and create-your-own ice cream sandwiches for $1.00 (now $1.25).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an amazing concept that I wish I had thought of before. My mind is blown.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the cookie selection and the ice cream selection, you could have a different sandwich everytime you are there.

I've considered franchising Diddy Riese out several times in college. I bet many others have done the same while waiting in a line 50 deep. The pricing and quality is amazing compared to Mrs. Fields and other ripoff cookie places.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went there a couple years back while visiting a friend at UCLA. Only tried the oatmeal raisin ice cream sandwich, but loved it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill be on the next thing smoking to cali.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And small milks. I remember when it was $0.25/cookie, they used to have the $1.00 three cookie and a milk special...which was the same price as buying them seperately. Still, a nice little meal.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:03 PM

Found a pic (I think...came up on Google and looks right). $1.25 will get you one of these (my dinner tonight!)...

Old 07-19-2007, 07:19 PM

They also randomly sell hot dogs, which should clinch it for any of you fence-sitters. Diddy Riese, BIMO.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 PM

This place is beyond incredible. Words really can't do it justice. How they were able to make money selling an ice cream sandwich with two premium cookies for a dollar is one of the great mysteries of all time.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They also randomly sell hot dogs, which should clinch it for any of you fence-sitters. Diddy Riese, BIMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the dogs any good? I don't think I ever touched them.

FYI, the other staple of any UCLA student diet is a little shack not far from Diddy Riese that makes subs that we used to call "Buck Fifty Subs". They are more than $1.50 now and I really have no idea what the real name of the place is. It's probably about $2 now.

FYI: The good ol' days I am talking about was only 1996-2000, so you can see how ridiculous these prices are in our modern times.