Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Preflop spot in Main Event

[ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would a HSNL cash player be open shoving almost 30 BBs from MP with any hand (twice in a row!)? That's mind boggling.

Anyway, yeah, agree with everything Curtains says.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure even high stakes cash players tilt badly. Particularly if they are getting a frustrating run of cards in a tournament while playing against players that they know could be abused with 100BB + effective stacks and the abillity to reload at will.

In my mind, the maths is close - but if we knew calling was neutral EV here it would be one of the rare times I would fold. If RBK is open - shoving for 30BBs he seems to have checked out of the tournament mentally - and we may actually find the fabled "better spot" to get him over the line.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 AM

Just by gut feeling, he has you coin flipping or dominated. RBK is not stupid, he knows how you see his 2nd open push, and you probably think he is tilting.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:23 PM

hey T-MAC,

are you sure you remember the hands right, cuz i was pretty sure i had ~15BB in my stack at this point.

also, you still have any chips? you were playing really well GL to ya.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 AM

Man its been so long I can barely remember now, I thought it was 200/400 but at highest it was 300/600. There were like 4 times you open pushed so maybe one of us is confused which time this was? Do you remember the hands you open pushed with anyway?

Thanks thats a nice compliment coming from you. I have 257k after Day 2 so still in pretty good shape. I ended day 1 with 194k but made a horrific preflop call and lost some other pots and was down to like 65k but rallied in the last lvl of day 2.

You remember the supernit to your left? He literally blinded and anted himself off, and was forced allin from the SB with like 1.5 BB's left with 93 offsuit...it was really hard to keep from laughing out loud, it was so funny that he waited all day for good hands to play and thats what he ended allin with.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:19 PM

lol ya that guy was unreal.

i dont remember the specific hand in question but it was either AK/JTs/54 type hands.

basically i was pushing with AK/AQ or small connectors as i figured our table's calling range was really heavily weighted towards ragged aces.

also i'm pretty sure i didnt have ~30BB when i was open shoving, however with ~15BB i was def shoving rather then opening because as you know our table had a lot of ppl that would call a 4BB open with random crap without even considering the fact that i only had ~15BB to start the hand with.

i also wanted to make it impossible for anyone to resteal from me as i did have a somewhat laggy image.

anyways GL to ya hope you run hot.