Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4

Also, the turn card would be useful here. I might bet fold a K,Q,J on the turn. Then if called there c/f the river.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
opponent is guy who's been opening a ton of pots and cold-calling up to 3-bets often against players he wants to play pots against. he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct but even he isn't good enough to make KTo from the SB for 3-bets profitable. he opens in the hijack.

the guy plays well postflop and is hitting a lot of hands. he has been opening my big blind almost every time it's been folded to him (at least 4/5 times) and it's pretty clear he thinks i'm weak-tight or straightforward and that's probably because he hasn't seen me in black chip games before and thinks i'm taking a shot. i'm in the game because its ridiculously good and i like GAMBOL.

i 3-town T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind. LAG calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet and LAG calls.

what's my plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet fold turn, check call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, the villain (if described correctly)would love you.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
opponent is guy who's been opening a ton of pots and cold-calling up to 3-bets often against players he wants to play pots against. he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct but even he isn't good enough to make KTo from the SB for 3-bets profitable. he opens in the hijack.

the guy plays well postflop and is hitting a lot of hands. he has been opening my big blind almost every time it's been folded to him (at least 4/5 times) and it's pretty clear he thinks i'm weak-tight or straightforward and that's probably because he hasn't seen me in black chip games before and thinks i'm taking a shot. i'm in the game because its ridiculously good and i like GAMBOL.

i 3-town T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind. LAG calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet and LAG calls.

what's my plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet fold turn, check call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, the villain (if described correctly)would love you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 05:15 AM

Bet turn and never fold. I'm comfortable putting in 3 bb on the big streets against player described.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-07-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn and never fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn and never fold. I'm comfortable putting in 3 bb on the big streets against player described.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

The player is not described as a LAG, he is described as playing well postflop and perhaps the best player on the table. I do not think he is raising enough without it here. However, given OP's percieved weakness I think he will bet when checked to with worse in order to run over OP.

I retract my b/f line on a KQJ I mentioned earlier though, so some reason I as thinking the board was A,T,x and not also not realizing that a T on board would be good.

I would c/c, c/c no matter what cards came.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:00 PM

He also is described as thinking Pete is weak tight and probably taking shots at him. If we had KK I'd agree with your c/c turn/river line but we need to charge 6 outers on the turn, letting a free card come off seems very dangerous to me.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-07-2007, 06:07 PM

c/r turn, call a threebet. regardless of what opponent does after the c/r, c/c the river.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He also is described as thinking Pete is weak tight and probably taking shots at him. If we had KK I'd agree with your c/c turn/river line but we need to charge 6 outers on the turn, letting a free card come off seems very dangerous to me.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly him taking a free card is the downside. Although this is really coming down to how we are interpreting the read. I think this player is more likely to bet when checked to (i.e. bet any two on the turn) and you are thinking he is more likely to raise with worse (wheras I think he will give up and fold too often - tighty 3 bet pre and led twice with A flop, ok u can have it this time).

Obviously those are the two frequencies that are important here (combined with how often OP is behind already). I just cant see what hands this guy wants to take a free card with. If he has a pair he is defniteily betting. If he peeled with something that that we have to worry about a free card (i.e. KQ) he is going to bet that anyway.

I just think he his betting no matter what he has when checked to, any he may give up more than we would like if OP bets. Also, OP is behind a decent amount of the time, and losing too often when 3 big bets go in. The situation is clearly close, but I think the villian needs to play the hand badly for OP to win more with you lines than with mine. Since his despription is "best at the table", that is not what I would want to count on. (i.e. I cant really imagine a scenario where 3 BBs go in and OP wins - especiallly when OP is viewed as weak and an ace is still in his range when he only calls the turn raise)
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r turn, call a threebet. regardless of what opponent does after the c/r, c/c the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line makes little sense to me other than gaining some meta-respect. He is not never folding an ace, never has JJ-KK, and will probably fold a worse pair given OPs image. He is also probably way too savvy to check behind and ace on the river. Seems like we lose the most when behind and win the least when ahead. The only hands this line is really good against is KQ type where he will bet when checked to and then fold his 6 outer.

If we want to get ridicuous, OP can c/r the river again in hopes to get villian to lay down a weak ace.