Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Parking in LA sucks

Reading the form more, I do have a temporary option, that still require my roommate to go down there and costs me a few bucks more. I can get a "visitor pass" which is $15 and good for 4 months and can be used on any car. One minor hiccup is I have to park on my block, not anywhere in the zone (the zone goes up to across the street from my work, so when I do need my car at work, I can park it really close). I think I'll have him get it though and I'll let friends use the pass once my registration clears through. The $15 is a much better option than $11/day or risking a ticket.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 PM

Registration will cost money, too. As will getting the license changed if that's necessary to get the registration at all. If the license gets changed, you'll be getting summoned for jury duty there.

If it were me, I'd probably just pay the $110 a month and look into moving ASAP, since living close to work is useless if you don't have reasonable parking.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i lived in hollywood for 3 years and in that time i spent over $3000 on parking tickets and tow yard fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine doing this? Did you just roll up to every red zone you saw? wtf
Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 PM

LOL LA parking is a cakewalk compared to SF or NY.

And yeah, you get the visitor pass, then get your registration changed, then you get a resident permit. That's dealing with life in the city.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i lived in hollywood for 3 years and in that time i spent over $3000 on parking tickets and tow yard fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - living in Los Feliz (borders Hollywood), I know it's a heavily ticketed area but that's just really, really retarded and I've never heard of such a thing - it's like $50 if you have your car parked during street cleaning hours (the most common offense), double that for not paying on time... that's still pretty crazy to get to $3k. You must've done alot of drugs.

I actually didn't realize so many people paid for work parking in the LA area... eh I don't have much to add except that sucks for you guys.

-Al
Old 07-05-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL LA parking is a cakewalk compared to SF or NY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, but you actually really need a car in LA. If you're gonna complain about not being able to find parking in the Mission on a Friday night... just take a cab or Muni or something next time.

-Al
Old 07-05-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - living in Los Feliz (borders Hollywood), I know it's a heavily ticketed area but that's just really, really retarded and I've never heard of such a thing - it's like $50 if you have your car parked during street cleaning hours (the most common offense), double that for not paying on time... that's still pretty crazy to get to $3k. You must've done alot of drugs.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

i lived in los feliz also at franklin & bronson. mostly just being lazy and not wanting to get up to move the car on street sweeping days. then again being lazy and getting the ticket doubled. or parking in mayfair market and forgetting to move it. also, i would park in front of the victor's deli lot when they would rope it off at night, forget to move it, and get towed.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I waited at the permit place for a half hour, could I have told them my situation and not have to mess with the registration address change and bringing in my roommate? I'm hoping the rules aren't strict as they seem to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

parking in LA blows. like others have said, be glad you don't live in hollywood.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:52 PM

Ryan - hahah actually, over 3 years, and considering you paid a bunch of tow fees... that's not horrendous I guess.

When you move back to LA may I suggest living somewhere that provides off-street parking?

-Al
Old 07-05-2007, 09:02 PM

yeah 3k in tickets in 3 years isn't outrageous AT ALL, that's like 2 tickets/month, then you add towing fees once in awhile, etc etc.

i know people that just park illegally every day, take the tickets, and it ends up being cheaper than paying for the spot they're supposed to