Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Trip report: The Oaks Club, Emeryville, CA

FWIW my experience the 3 times I've gone to the Oaks in the past 3 months to play the 15/30 its been pretty juicy.
The first time I went I thought they spread NL, and hadn't played limit in 3 years. I almost left to go somewhere else, but decided to try the games; eventhough I was rusty at limit I felt that the play was pretty bad. Then again I rarely play anyore (especially live) so maybe there are better places to spend your time.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my .02 cents is that once you start playing mid limits you need to practice good game selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there was a service available where i could wear an electric dog collar and be shocked when im stuck and stubbornly refuse to leave a terrible game, there is no amount of money that would be too expensive for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I hear you, but think of the overall effect such a service would have on the games. It would not be good.

FWIW, I played in an amazing 40/80 game at Bay101 the other night, and it was a great reminder that all it takes is one maniac to make a game.

Must. Find. More. Mid-Limit. Games. With. Maniacs.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:46 AM

Living in New Orleans, and coming home many nights with $$$ in my pocket I pray doesn't get jacked, I have to laugh at the trepidation about The Oaks. Yeah, it isn't the shiniest neighborhood, but if you guys are sweating the area, you must live high enough already that you don't really need the money you're making off the games. Why go through the stress?