Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Items that are really good

aejones,
Go to sleep [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 06:29 AM

For those looking at ipod docks, I think Klipsch>Bose and Amazon reviewers seem to think the Hardan Kardon is the best.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood the point of an ipod dock--why not buy a $2 mini-->RCA cable and hook it up to your stereo for better sound? I guess the portability would be useful. What kind of batteries do these take and how long do they last?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one of the battery powered docks made by sonic solutions. It as a lithium battery,and last about 15 hours. It sounds great for what it is. Price $100,well worth it IMO
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood the point of an ipod dock--why not buy a $2 mini-->RCA cable and hook it up to your stereo for better sound? I guess the portability would be useful. What kind of batteries do these take and how long do they last?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 2007, who the hell owns a stereo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who's parents got them one for Christmas [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 05-26-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 2007, who the hell owns a stereo?

[/ QUOTE ]
*raises hand*

I actually bought a second-hand one so I could hook my laptop or my ipod up to my 30-year old speakers. Sound quality does matter, and being able to blast through the entire house is good too.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my favorite spot for it other than outside is in the bathroom.

its also nice for taking in vacations and having in your hotel room.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:26 PM

Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 AM

What kind did you buy and how do you wash them? I am very tempted but I won't buy them if it's a lot of work, only dry-cleaning etc. Can you tell us more about everything? I did read the link you suggested but I stoped reading when it said dry-cleaning as that would be way to much work for a pair of sheets.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 AM

I too could prob use a new set of sheets and comforter. I have a good, pretty expensive set that's only 3 years old. But they're white b/c I bought them b/f I began consistently sharing my bed and didn't realize what a bad idea white was. Recommendations for new sheets/ comforters appreciated.

I have the Bose sound dock. The sound is ok. It can be loud enough for me, but the quality deteriorates significantly at the higher volumes IMO. It's nice that it's so small and it's ideal for bedroom/ bathroom.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Zoom H4 handy recorder. The Zoom H4 includes a built in stereo condenser mic, SD card recorder, mixer, effect section, metronome, and more. It has a stereo mode for instant stereo recording, and a 4-track mode which allows simultaneous playback of four tracks and recording of two tracks. It takes up to two external mics. You can plug in a guitar or bass. This thing offers huge value, and you should be able to find it and a 2GB card for under $300. Some people are reporting being able to make 4GB cards work.