Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Trip report: weekend play at the Wynn & Bellagio 15-30 games

[ QUOTE ]
I stay at IP a lot because its easy to walk to Mirage, Venetian, and Bellagio, and also TI or Ballys when a decent rate is available there. Often I am paying $70-80 a night on Friday and Saturday night with no qualification requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

beauuuutiful piece of advice there, many thanks. will peep their prices for the PLO WSOP event in mid june. glad you enjoyed the report as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 05:44 PM

These days you will often pay over $200 per weekend night at TI or Bally's unless you've reserved weeks or months in advance. I've stayed at Wynn a number of times not because I'm Mr. Upscale, but because it was the cheapest 3 star or better place that I could find.

(I'm too old to put up with the Chez Grunge type hotels any more.)
Old 05-14-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stay at IP a lot because its easy to walk to Mirage, Venetian, and Bellagio, and also TI or Ballys when a decent rate is available there. Often I am paying $70-80 a night on Friday and Saturday night with no qualification requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

beauuuutiful piece of advice there, many thanks. will peep their prices for the PLO WSOP event in mid june. glad you enjoyed the report as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harah's room rates for the WSOP
Old 05-14-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Harah's room rates for the WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

megathanks, totally calling them tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really don't think we should be criticizing the way people play when they post trip reports. Leave that for the strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why 2+2 was created, so people can discuss strategy and become better players. You got to keep that in mind, even if its not your specific goal it is still the goal of others. No sweat, as I pointed out thats why I love trip reports with just a tiny bit of poker.. they tend to be a lot more fun to read (although this report was written really good, so well that the bad strategy could be ignored even though it makes me cringe).

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily almost nobody in here really cares about how it affects you. We just laughed because the author clearly knows how to put one of these things together. Not to mention sometimes it's ok to play poker in a way that's goin to amuse the reader. I think if everyone only played ABC there would be way fewer fun stories. Keep it up OP, would read again.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really don't think we should be criticizing the way people play when they post trip reports. Leave that for the strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why 2+2 was created, so people can discuss strategy and become better players. You got to keep that in mind, even if its not your specific goal it is still the goal of others. No sweat, as I pointed out thats why I love trip reports with just a tiny bit of poker.. they tend to be a lot more fun to read (although this report was written really good, so well that the bad strategy could be ignored even though it makes me cringe).

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily almost nobody in here really cares about how it affects you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently swope cared, and I care how it affects the readers of the B&M forum who may not know better, and the many people here who are looking to become better players care too - thats why they visit 2+2. My job as moderator is to meet the needs of the majority of users here, and this is not the forum for posting gross errors so we can all laugh at/with them.

Go troll somewhere else, this type of attitude is better suited for BBV where you normally hang out - its not welcome in the B&M forum, we are looking for positive contributions to the community here. Positive includes being honest with a poster when he is making -EV decisions so he can make better plays in the future. Sorry you don't seem to understand that, but this thread isn't catering to you specifically.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Well written trip report, loved all the lines you threw out. I never really paid much attention to the skill level of the poker player.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Great report. The nitfests usually take the weekends off, and if you're lucky you end up with a colorful mix of characters like you encountered.

I liked the fact that you included hand details, it adds more color to the report. I guess it's up to the mods, but I don't see any reason why we need strategy discussions in this forum. I don't think anyone's going to be harmed if someone played a hand questionably and no one questioned it.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand Marge, expert peel.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that was a relative of mine...aw crap.

[ QUOTE ]
I table my deliciously retarded hand which appears to have both of them dominated. For Sparta , mm hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL !

Great read - Good Report!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily almost nobody in here really cares about how it affects you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently swope cared, and I care how it affects the readers of the B&M forum who may not know better, and the many people here who are looking to become better players care too - thats why they visit 2+2. My job as moderator is to meet the needs of the majority of users here, and this is not the forum for posting gross errors so we can all laugh at/with them.

Go troll somewhere else, this type of attitude is better suited for BBV where you normally hang out - its not welcome in the B&M forum, we are looking for positive contributions to the community here. Positive includes being honest with a poster when he is making -EV decisions so he can make better plays in the future. Sorry you don't seem to understand that, but this thread isn't catering to you specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]

See everyone saying "nice trip report". Those are people who get what a trip report is. You're the only one nittish enough to disect it to the degree you have. Snooooooze