Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: All-Madden mode, any tips?

And I'm on Madden hiatus for a while. Can't play All-Pro, what's the fun in winning 90% of your games with a 34 game win streak?

Can't play All-Madden either. If I throw the ball, other team catches it. I run, my team forgets to block them, or blocks me. If the other team throws, they catch it. If they run, hello 5 broken tackles. I jam a guy at the line with my MLB, he still out runs my CB deep, WTFOMGBBQSAUCE.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all madden is easy as hell, wtf? what team do you use, the browns?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Get a fast guy at your slot receiver spot. He'll get 220 yards a game easy. Also, practice pocket prescence, if you move around your receivers will have more time to get open.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM

fast slot receiver helps on 3rd down on slant ins...praying the defense isn't in zone though or at least being able to read is quick enough...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm on Madden hiatus for a while. Can't play All-Pro, what's the fun in winning 90% of your games with a 34 game win streak?

Can't play All-Madden either. If I throw the ball, other team catches it. I run, my team forgets to block them, or blocks me. If the other team throws, they catch it. If they run, hello 5 broken tackles. I jam a guy at the line with my MLB, he still out runs my CB deep, WTFOMGBBQSAUCE.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a serious problem with Madden.

All-Madden can be beaten, but IMO not by playing normal solid football but by cheesing it up with 4 and 5 receiver sets.

I think the best option is all-pro with sliders that make it significantly harder.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:38 PM

what is so hard about it? your defense suck, or your offense? what team?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 PM

jared brings up a good point, i really need to spread it out and pray they didn't pick it off, which they did a lot in zone coverage...

i tried messing with the sliders a bit, but i'll tweak with it some more and hope that helps...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 AM

I found that I started to get better by just playing in practice mode a bunch. Learn 4-5 plays solid against various defensive schemes and put them as audibles if possible. You really start to notice when you can squeeze certain passes in to different coverages. Also good to get reads on certain defenses (blitzes, man to man and zone) and how to exploit them. But the key for me was just getting comfortable with a very small array of plays (mostly 3-4 WR sets).

Because the game is fairly quick and dynamic, nothing really replaces repetition and practice.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 AM

learn to throw the high pass on post patterns. learn to user-catch. On defense learn to use a safety and cover half the field by yourself, so you can blitz and get pressure on the QB

hth,
-ftball
Old 05-26-2007, 07:24 AM

Hi guys, new to the forum but have lurked for a long time. If there's one thing i can help anyone with it's madden advice. I played madden at a high level (traveled to tournaments and such), and have played with the best players in the world from madden 2004-2006.....Anyways, for madden 2006 scoring is very easy, especially vs the computer. The key to madden 2006 is using very tall receivers that have a good jump rating. The new york giants would be a good example of a team to use. Curl routes are completely broken...just hotroute your big receivers to do curl routes (smart route them also if u need a first down..) and wait for them to turn around and press UP on the d-pad when you throw it and your WR will jump over the defenders and catch it...even in triple coverage a lot of the times. Slants and posts also work well...u can basically throw anything vs a non-expert player as long as you are throwing to a big receiver and remember to press up when you throw. On defense, again unless you're playing vs a good/expert player u can get away with running man lock bump and run every play and just taking the safety and watching their best WR. Hope that helps....if anyone else has madden questions feel free to PM.
-Shaolin