Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Linkin Park new single and new style

[ QUOTE ]
I liked the video, but the song was meh. And I enjoy most of the stuff LP has done in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough for me, because I'm glad that they are trying to change and progress, but I also don't want them to leave behind the style I've enjoyed for the past few years.

Part of me thinks, don't change, you have a certain style that I dig, nothing is better to blast in the car on the highway or in the gym. If I want a different style, I'll check out someone else, you just stay the same. But I know they want to try and change and grow as artists. Too bad that everyone has already made up their mind. Even if they came out with a really solid purely rock album, people would still hate even if they would have liked the CD had it come from some unknown.

Wish they put out a double album. 1 CD of Meteora/Hybrid Theory Version 2.0 and 1 CD of new and different stuff.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 PM

It may take a few times for me to really like the song like i do their other songs. I'm sure I'll warm up to it. I'm thrilled that they are releasing a new album. I was worried they had disbanded (yes intentional).
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I liked the video, but the song was meh. And I enjoy most of the stuff LP has done in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough for me, because I'm glad that they are trying to change and progress, but I also don't want them to leave behind the style I've enjoyed for the past few years.

Part of me thinks, don't change, you have a certain style that I dig, nothing is better to blast in the car on the highway or in the gym. If I want a different style, I'll check out someone else, you just stay the same. But I know they want to try and change and grow as artists. Too bad that everyone has already made up their mind. Even if they came out with a really solid purely rock album, people would still hate even if they would have liked the CD had it come from some unknown.

Wish they put out a double album. 1 CD of Meteora/Hybrid Theory Version 2.0 and 1 CD of new and different stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fanboi much? You are taking people's disinterest in this way to personally.

You know, some people might actually not like this music? No matter who put it out, shockingly enough.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fanboi much? You are taking people's disinterest in this way to personally.

You know, some people might actually not like this music? No matter who put it out, shockingly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm what are you even talking about?

Of course there are plenty of people that don't like them (old stuff, new stuff, whatever). It's not like I think less of someone for not liking them, I couldn't care less.

I was saying there are going to be some people that have already made up their mind about linkin park based on previous releases and even if they change their sound completely, those people won't give it a chance. take some critically acclaimed album, like something from the White Stripes or something, and pretend that it was LP who put that out as their new CD. There would be some people that love it now as a White Stripes CD, but if the exact same thing was done by LP, they'd hate on it.

i am expressing the fact that i am looking forward to the CD because i like their music. I don't find it insightful, I don't find it to be very complicated or intricate, but its fun music that gets me pumped up.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 PM

meh, I actually like linkin park but this song didnt really do anything for me. The video kinda sucked too
Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I actually like linkin park but this song didnt really do anything for me. The video kinda sucked too

[/ QUOTE ]

in what sense?

it seemed like the video matched the tone/message of the song very well, and i thoroughly enjoyed it
Old 04-05-2007, 06:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

Shouldn't get taken down.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:57 PM

I like the song and think the video fits it but I was hoping for more of a Linkin Park sound. like Numb
Im suprised chester and shinoda or ok with getting held back. Shinoda doesnt even do anything.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 PM

BUMP!

I'm listening to the new album right now. I think it is really really bad, and very mellow in comparison to anything I've ever heard from them.

They said they were going to make a "rock" album, this feels like an emo album.

I'm really hoping that this is not the real thing, and tomorrow when I download it from ITunes it sounds a lot different...but I don't think that is the case.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:47 PM

Also, for those who have the album already.

When listening to Track 5, "Shadow of the Day". Does it sound like they are about to break into the theme song from "The OC" about 10 times?