BB: $2.43
UTG: $1.15
Hero (UTG+1): $5.88
UTG+2: $2.85
MP1: $1.52
MP2: $2.57
CO: $4.87
BTN: $3.31

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, Hero calls $0.02, UTG+2 calls $0.02, 4 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB folds

Flop: ($0.08) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.08</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.08, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.80</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.44</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.86 and is All-In</font>, SB calls $1.77 and is All-In

Turn: ($6.58) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($6.58) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $6.58 Pot ($0.30 Rake)
SB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Nines) and LOST (-$3.23 NET)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON $6.28 (+$3.05 NET)

Obviously the outcome is good, but is this a good move regardless?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: shoving with top pair and flush draw

There is a full ring forum catering to your special needs. Personally Iīd like to fold this pf. On the flop, obv you canīt screw up too bad as long as you donīt fold. Did you have any reason to believe you would have the best hand after all the money went in after taking this line? If yes, even a small portion of the time, I like it, otherwise not so much. With this line, in general, I think you put in a lot of effort to make worse hands fold. But if villain is a spewmonkey A+.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 PM

I would fold&gt;raise&gt;limp this preflop but with that flop you are obviously getting your money in on the flop. I don't see any other line, once you raised to .80 and SB came over the top with 3.20 in the pot and 1.70 left in his stack its all going in at some stage. My concern is the same as the above poster, the 5/bet is usually only going to bring along better hands and may fold out weaker hands.

The only change in line I might take would probably be call his 1.44 bet on the flop but I am leading any turn so it's the same result anyway.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM

To be clear, against a tighter opponent, I think we can just call the minraise on the flop. We are looking for value against weaker pairs and worse draws and I am not sure if these come along on the flop for 160bb. If you had bottom pair I say get it in, maybe villain will fold midpair or whatever.