Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $146.20
Hero (SB): $235.05
BB: $448.30
UTG: $64.65
MP: $211.75
CO: $19.45

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, CO folds, BTN calls $4, Hero calls $3, BB folds

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $12</font>, BTN calls $12, Hero ???

more concerned with the why a certain play is right here rather than what is the correct play.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: i should know what to do here

I think i'd just call this. We're probably up against set/two-pair/straight, or some combo, and wont get many folds. I guess they might have TT,55 or fold some combo to a raise, but i doubt that outweighs the times when we're behind.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:52 PM

this is kinda interesting due to the squeezy nature of a c/r here. imo you're prob not going to fold enough to make it worthwhile, as made hands and strong draws are a big part of the ranges. it's kinda w/t but I just call here as I don't want to be raising and getting called then whiffing turn vs 1 or 2 ppl and being oop
Old 11-20-2007, 05:56 PM

i think id just call because if you hit you can still stack one or both players, plus you have good odds and theres no sign anyone will fold to your semibluff.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:16 AM

bump
Old 11-23-2007, 01:21 AM

i usually raise here as a default because i think 2 overs + FD = get the money in.

but looking at the hand im really tempted to just call. i think if we hit our flush however we dont get pair off as much and i hate drawing OOP but i think its better then raising here.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:24 AM

i'd generally call because 1. the tag could be huge here and 2. i don't want to blow the fish out of the hand.

i think call&gt;jam&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;fold
Old 11-23-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually raise here as a default because i think 2 overs + FD = get the money in.

but looking at the hand im really tempted to just call. i think if we hit our flush however we dont get pair off as much and i hate drawing OOP but i think its better then raising here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, especially with the caller in between a raise here looks crazy strong. but if either of them just flat the raise u get into a real [censored] spot on the turn if you dont hit and typically feel like a idiot most times for raising in the first place.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, especially with the caller in between a raise here looks crazy strong. but if either of them just flat the raise u get into a real [censored] spot on the turn if you dont hit and typically feel like a idiot most times for raising in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

exatcly. i had a hand like this but i was on the button with AJ and flopped a FD with 2 overs. dryer flop of 662 however but i raised flop large and got it AI on turn against cold callers AA.

this hand is a little different however given that its a 3 straight on board and i give our K/Q outs minimal equity if any here.

it just sucks playing OOP c/c style on the flop. our hand looks like exactly what it is and when we hit i dont know if we make enough money off the hand to make the flop call profitable enough
Old 11-23-2007, 01:43 AM

You are crazy if you think you are folding out a pair+SD or better. And you are crazy if you don't think one of them has atleast that. And you are crazy if you think jamming is +EV given the fact that you have little to no FE and are almost always behind here. Man.....you just crazy.