Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-17-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Which of these known female poker players could beat 4-8 NL online

[ QUOTE ]
from the interview w/annette in the current cardplayer:

Did you use any tools to improve your game?

AO: I don't use Poker Tracker and stuff like that. I am a member of all of the training sites, and I've watched all of the videos. I also go through my own hand history, but that's about it. I've read a few books, but I don't believe that they've helped me too much. Harrington on Hold'em is all right, I guess, but I'm just not that interested in the math involved in the game. I play mostly by feel, and I don't really care if I have the pot odds to call. I don't call much, anyways (laughing).

Was it a conscious decision to focus on no-limit tournaments rather than pot-limit cash or other limit games?

AO: It just happened that way. I started playing tournaments and never did anything else. I tried to play cash games, but I didn't have any success. Besides, I find cash games online kind of boring.

http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/17101

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know if she can beat cash games
i suspect Liz Lieu can
It also says in the interview that Annette posted a video of the tournament she played without watching her cards
does any one know where i can see it?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Poker ability =/ intelligence IMO.

I've met a lot of people that are mathamatical geniuses that couldn't beat poker even when I try and trach them. I've also met some poeple that I feel are pretty average intelligence that do great.

I think 5/10 is pretty tough to beat and people that are beating it take it for granted and easy in the same sense that most Brain surgeries are probably easy for brain surgens.

If u have a significant PT database take a look, not many people are beating 5/10 for a lot of money.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 AM

I think most of them would have a shot at it, after they just played it. Any player, male or female, would have a period where they need to adjust to a new limit (or any situation where they are out of their element)
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, id like to see you win at 5/10 ONLINE, on a US site for a significant sample size, and play your 20/14...id bet you cant...

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you suggesting are winning stats for a 5/10 NL online player? I don't see why a 20/14 player with a strong postflop game couldn't be a winner at 5/10 NL. I don't think the 5/10 games on US sites are all that much tougher than the games were in the olden days. They're just different, and the tough part can be adjusting to those differences when you're used to playing a certain (now obsolete) way. But, I've never won as consistently and at as high a rate at 5/10 NL online as I do today.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Which of these known female poker players could beat 4-8 NL online?

None of em, besides harmon.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Shannon Shorr has a girl's name and can probably beat 4-8 NL online.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
by the way, id like to see you win at 5/10 ONLINE, on a US site for a significant sample size, and play your 20/14...id bet you cant...

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you suggesting are winning stats for a 5/10 NL online player? I don't see why a 20/14 player with a strong postflop game couldn't be a winner at 5/10 NL. I don't think the 5/10 games on US sites are all that much tougher than the games were in the olden days. They're just different, and the tough part can be adjusting to those differences when you're used to playing a certain (now obsolete) way. But, I've never won as consistently and at as high a rate at 5/10 NL online as I do today.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. 20/14 is just a range. it doesnt denote skill. but as usual, the typical 2+2er tries to take a hair and split it 10 times. theres also a lot of negativity. if you read this entire thread, you'd swear its impossible to beat 5/10.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. 20/14 is just a range. it doesnt denote skill. but as usual, the typical 2+2er tries to take a hair and split it 10 times. theres also a lot of negativity. if you read this entire thread, you'd swear its impossible to beat 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude 5-10 is like rocket science.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 AM

havent read the whole thread, but vannessa rousso studied game theory at duke. im pretty confident she could beat the kiddy game
Old 11-18-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vannessa rousso studied game theory at duke. im pretty confident she could beat the kiddy game

[/ QUOTE ]