Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
why didn't Erik, PG, and ole dude that got kicked off vote for the same person and try to sway someone to vote with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the way alliances usually collapse is when enough people on the bottom of the totem pole see that they're all on the bottom and they form an ad hoc alliance of doormats. I think it didn't happen tonight because Frosti thought he was in a better spot than he actually was. Too bad for him, because Courtney seemed swingable.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 AM

...and goofy unforeseen rules changes aside, it's still kinda hard for me to see how James isn't like a 1:1 favorite to win it all at this point. There are four or at most five immunity challenges left, he's got two immunity idols, and his biggest (by far) physical competition just got voted out. I think in a jury vote he only really needs to worry about Todd (brawns vs brains argument), and maybe a little bit Eric (alligator blood argument, can cite his virginity as evidence), and lastly Denise (James fatigue + mullet sympathy?).

I guess the likeliest seismic shift is maybe Todd/Amanda banding with PeeGee/Eric and trying to get James out, but imo they'd still be fighting the math. They really blew it not blindsiding James last week.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 AM

The worst episode of the season... pretty boring.

That aside, they are all retarded for not scheming to get James out at any chance.

I'd imagine it's another vote. If they're smart they'd vote for James who wouldn't see it coming, but they're all retarded so they'll all probably just vote for Erik.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:18 AM

anybody else think amanda shoulda been mildly upset nobody else helped her try to prevent the "enemy" from winning immunity.

i realize they would have somebody to vote for of the 3 (pg/erik/frosti) but why give them all a better chance to survive. u run a risk that frosti goes on a sick immunity run (he has proven to be a well rounded baller in challenges).

i agree it was a bad episode.

if it is another vote...i assume they wont be able to scheme and wont know to vote out james (but lets hope he has his III's).

erik did mention having 12 days left. if its on a 3 day cycle, that would mean after next tribal, we'd have 9 days left with 6 people left...so 6 days, 5 people...3 days, 4 people...0 days, 3 people.

so i guess they could have another vote if they are doing a final 2 but i thought it was documented that probst said it was 3 again so maybe its not a vote. i dunno, i havent watched survivor in years so im not in the know.

lastly, AMANDA LOOKED GORGEOUS. a few close ups early on of her talking to courtney she looked like angelina jolie. she's actually a beauty pageant chick and i can see why. smokin hot.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 AM

amanda most likely chose to participate because of the members of the "alliance", she is the only one (well except for courtney but courtney is on the outskirts of that alliance and is a worthless dumbass) that had just come off a reward and had eaten a good meal. none of the other guys had eaten so food was obv a priority over immunity, esp. considering they didn't need to really "block" anyone, pg, erick and frosti were all viable candidates to go. in fact, amanda herself didn't really need to compete either.

the previews for next week showed erick and pg back at camp, considering they are the most obv people to go if they do a second vote right after, I don't think the twist that is about to come is a second vote.

the final is 3 people so yea basically james at the most needs to win 2/4 immunity challenges to be guaranteed final 3. However, like none of the post-merge challenges thus far have been physical at all like in season's past and james has really waned in the individual stages, his luster is really from the group stages and the fact that he does alot around camp, but as far as the post merge challenges they haven't really played to his strengths and he hasn't really done much at all. If we look at just the individual game w/o considering the group stages, i don't really think james is the favorite if we're voting on merit considering he hasn't really had to do much of anything.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 AM

yeah I agree amanda is pretty hot, though it's been a really weak season for hot chicks imo. And although PeeGee isn't an OOT 9 or anything I still don't think I've been giving her enough credit, she's cute and fit.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I agree amanda is pretty hot, though it's been a really weak season for hot chicks imo. And although PeeGee isn't an OOT 9 or anything I still don't think I've been giving her enough credit, she's cute and fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

pg looks like this annoying girl from my high school so i just get angry every time i see her so im biased.

peg, i know what you're saying with the immunity combined with hunger but i guess its just the principle of the thing. even if i was hungry, i'd feel obligated to play. i guess i was just shocked so many people opted for food. i'd be thinking about just trying to win the million and that would involve giving 100% at all times. essentially, if i were voting, that move would help amanda tremendously. plus if i voted for her maybe she'd sleep with me.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:07 AM

I agree that they've missed a chance to form an "alliance of doormats." Any week that James doesn't win is a chance to get that ball rolling. Denise probably summed it up, however, when she said it's tough not to stick close to the idol.

*Sigh* Maybe it's easy to be extra hard on these people from the couch, knowing that 72 hours is edited down to 48 minutes, but jayzuz are these people stupid.

Last week I concluded that James is the second-dumbest person in Survivor history for being one of the biggest physical threats ever to play the game--holding TWO IIIs--and not playing one every time he doesn't win.

Tied for dumbest contestant is the seven people who didn't unanimously vote for him every time he failed to win.

Then they compound their stupidity by all going for the cheeseburgers rather than participate in the challenge. Do they realize that $1MM is on the line? And Courtney, who looks like she hasn't had two square meals in the past three years, jumps at the chance to have another "feast" just one or two days after her last one? Amanda should be pissed that she was left to fly the team colors alone.

Minor spoiler re: the twist based on previews in white:

<font color="white">Eric, Peig-Gee, Amanda, Todd, and James are all clearly shown around camp, so none of them are voted out. In one very fast cut, it looks like Denise is sitting with them also. Courtney is the only person clearly not in the previews.

And when Todd says "you gotta watch your mouth, dude," it's cut to make it look like he's talking to James. He isn't. James is sitting on a log in the background when he says that. </font>
Old 11-16-2007, 04:49 AM

im still on tilt for them not trying to get something together for themselves. If PG was on the line I bet she would have tried.

I think they could have gotten any of them except for maybe Amanda (if Todd was their target) and once they get one it would be easier to get another.

Frosti was in the best position to get it done bc he was close to both teams. he could have gotten Courtney or James. Then if they get James he could have gotten Denise to follow and said he was telling her to make up for last week.

edit: James might not switch bc he is secure and may be able to beat Todd with the Jury (but it would be good to get Amanda out). But surely they could get Courtney or Denise after what happened last week
Old 11-16-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Last week I concluded that James is the second-dumbest person in Survivor history for being one of the biggest physical threats ever to play the game--holding TWO IIIs--and not playing one every time he doesn't win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree. James can't assume to win every immunity challenge (especially considering the the challenges so far after the merge were difficult for him), so in my opinion it would be stupid for him to play the idol when he has good reason to be fairly certain that he's not on the line. It's a tactical decision, and I think James has handled it ok so far. He might be a little too credulous, but imo he hasn't made a glaring mistake with the idols so far.