Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Easy 3 bet vs likely aggro spewtard

Only a few hands on the villain from the blinds. He 3 bet Q6o from his SB into a button raiser, and raised all streets with no pair no draw.
Maybe he is tilting or maybe he hates money ?

Only thing that stopped me 3 betting was the thought of paying 4 more BB to see the river as opposed to 2.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Easy 3 bet vs likely aggro spewtard

You played it fine. I don't 3bet because I can't fold to a 4bet from this player even though he probably has us beat most of the time when he 4bets. Given your description, a 4 is certainly in his range - of course he might also just be raising the turn because it's a bit of a scare card w/ his flush/straight draw, or A3/A2, or air.

Calling down seems fine to me.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM

This is fine. I wouldn't threebarrel the turn either. NH
Old 11-15-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fine. I wouldn't threebarrel the turn either. NH

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Three bets on the turn for me here, and against this guy, I'm not terribly concerned when I get four-bet. Concerned enough that I don't put in more than one bet on the river, but I still expect to win a good chunk of the time.

-McGee
Old 11-15-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three bets on the turn for me here, and against this guy, I'm not terribly concerned when I get four-bet. Concerned enough that I don't put in more than one bet on the river, but I still expect to win a good chunk of the time.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I should have 3 bet the turn given my read aswell, I am annoyed I didnt.

Kinda suprised at how many are advocating only calling the turn, given the read on the opponent.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I should have 3 bet the turn given my read aswell, I am annoyed I didnt.

Kinda suprised at how many are advocating only calling the turn, given the read on the opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you showing down if he fourballs you? That's my issue. I want to showdown. And lately I've been playing rather conservatively in an effort to reduce my variance.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your read isn't terribly meaningful since it's all of one hand. It didn't really enter into my turn advice. I'm three-betting here against most online $3/$6 opponents.

-McGee
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 PM

Without the read I call down. With the read I think it's an easy 3-bet. If he fours I don't even think about folding. The read/history is huge, imo.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 PM

i would 3bet the turn EXPECTING him to 4bet. idiots like him are the same ones that turn around and slowplay when they actually have strong hands. in other words, if he didn't 4bet i might be worried. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]