Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: better line?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been trying to find a good way to yell at you about the little flop bet. But, actually, I don't really like checking or betting large either. Its not like people are stacking off much worse if you bet large in this spot, and checking seems like a bad mistake when the pot is this big already. And I don't think you buy yourself much more action by checking, either, unless they catch up with a 2-outer or something. There are 3 villains out there, after all. So, I guess weak-leading is fine, but I wouldn't generally do it with the intention of ever folding. I'd do it because thats your best chance to get value from a fool with a weaker ace or some stubborn KK/QQ.

You know what, I like it as played. yup. he's never bluffing river with the worse hand that get there, but the real thing is that there really arent too many worse hands that got there anyhow, especially now that the Qball showed up. Only thing to worry about is him bluffing us off a chop (whether he realizes it or not). I think that is a likely outcome here, though it doesn't matter much. We've only got about 15% equity here against a range of AA, AK, AQ, 88, 22. Tight, yes, but what else does he show up with? Its not like he floated a mid pair and turned a combo draw or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. good post.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 AM

vn post sensei, 2nd para is bang on. first para i dunno, i'm still not overjoyed with what happened on the flop and i don't think checking is as bad as you make out.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:53 AM

I think checking flop is definitely better than betting big, fwiw.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 AM

i dont like that flop betting high. this bet can easy be called with a week ace or even a random pair or anything as preparation of a bluff on later streets. betting is a must here on the flop. checking the flop is terrible. 2/3 flop bet seems perfect for me. not to high and not to low.
as played with your bet you have no idea where you stand...
Old 10-26-2007, 08:18 AM

Given the line you took I don`t think you can get away from this hand on the river. Who knows what villain puts you on...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:24 AM

lol so sick.i really doubt its AQ or AJ since i believe he would really 4 bet u with those hands than call. Could be a sick float but he doesnt have much on the river to really bluff so i doubt it. yea i really think it is 88 or 33 quite often here.I like a check on this flop because i dont think he is calling a bet with TT and below anyway on this board unless he wants to turn his TT into a bluff and by checking i think u might be able to get value from JJ+ often enough.