Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Stars crashing yesterday

Was there any threads/discussions started on Stars going down last night? 2+2 was down at the time but i didnt get to look later

Is it the new volume of players causing it?Like many others both times its happened ive been deep in an MTT. They seemed to deal with it much faster this time which was good but like last time all tourneys running were cancelled.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Stars crashing yesterday

Doesn't look like there're any threads on it. The site was down for about 30 minutes from 17:00 ET ~ 17:30 ET, it was a server crash rather than an internet problem, that's all I know though.

We have to cancel the tournaments because it'd be impossible to predict how long the crash will last, and peopel may not come back to the tournament. I think it's only when there're internet problems and large percentages of players are disconnected (like when a backbone server somewhere between us and the player ges down) that tournaments are paused for a while to let people reconnect.

The crash ate "my" EPT satellites, waaaah
Old 06-27-2007, 07:29 AM

It was defo a lot quicker and smoother than the last crash but 2 in less than a month is a bit worrying.

I can understand the logic bout cancelling the tourney cause people might not come back, obv disheartening playin 4 hours + though.

Maybe an Admin message sayin to wait an hour for tourney to resume if server goes again or something similar>
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 AM

Yes, obviously it's not ideal, and we do all that we can to ensure it doesn't happen very often. I have no more details than the above, so this is complete speculation, but I'd be very surprised if the crash was related to traffic - we have had > 100k players online at once for a long time.

As for the tournament, it basically gives you a chip count chop for everyone remaining. Whilst this doesn't include comparative skill levels, I think it's the closest thing there is to a fair deal.

I suspect that asking people to wait for an hour is going to annoy huge numbers of players, though I'm sure it'd make a percentage happy. Hopefully, you won't run into this kind of situation again.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM

What I want to know is the rule.

If the server crashes, can I immediately leave and expect a chop? Obv. not, but how long do I need to wait? You need to post the rules. (ie. For SnGs, if the server crashes, you chop after 5 minutes. For MTTs, chop after 15 minutes. etc.)

I've been booted out of SnGs before, waited what I thought was a reasonable time, left, and found out later that the tourney was resumed and I lost my buyin.

It should be *VERY* easy to auto send email to all participants or at least put up a web page.

------------Meow
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM

I was playing quite a few $.25/$.50 PL Omaha tables when Stars crashed and somehow managed to get screwed out of a $90 pot that was being paid to me just as the crash occurred. If anyone else was playing cash games you might wanna check your hand histories and make sure you got what you deserved.

Apparently the guy that doubled me up had received his monies back because when I reconnected the chip stacks were put back to where they started before the hand. Anyways Stars support got it sorted out for me pretty quickly so that was cool I guess?