Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 07:54 PM

Default floped three pair against total maniac and a straight is possible

Villain is a complet maniac with 83/76/6 stats and Won $ at SD is 27%. Three hands again he lost his stack in a preflop battle with 8663r against my AA73ss. Villain bets every single flop and continues if he gets called at the turn with a potsize bet. So here the hand:

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $18.20
Hero: $67.35
Button: $33.45
SB: $39.20
BB: $20.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $9</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($19.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ? </font>

So it is for me a push or fold decission on the turn. Who thinks that a push is +EV? What about the flop play? Against a normal opponent it is a fold to his 3-bet or just a call to his first bet to have a look at the turn card and play, but this maniac can hold everything. So I want to isolate him with my raise, even if he 3-bets here many times and continues the aggression at the turn. So what about calling the 3-bet and pushing a blank turn card?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: floped three pair against total maniac and a straight is possible

hmmm, tough decision. i think i mainly depends on how you interpret his flop reraise. i d probably just call the flop to keep the size under control and be able to draw to the full house. as played you probably have to push here because he might be semibluffing or totally bluffing.
i think it would be important to know more details about his play after the flop and the reactions of the other players. has he ever check/folded or folded to raises, what has he shown at the showdowns?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Best hand he shows at the showdown was 2 pair and he wons many 5-15$ pots with his aggression at the turn and at this point he looses 3 stacks in 20 min. He never folded to raises and it seems he wants to play for the whole stack in every single hand.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:24 AM

push seems fine then i think.