Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $457
UTG+1: $300.80
CO: $362
Button: $857.70
SB: $288.10
Hero: $423

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $14</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($42, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $21</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $68</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($178, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $178</font>, Button calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($534, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $163</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: $860

Villain raised many hands and after folded to him in at the button he must have not much. Would you reraise here preflop with that read, even if you must play OOP the following streets?

So I decide to check raise this flop as semi bluff and I give me here a good chance to get the pot unimproved.

Comments to this move? Is it better to call here and have a look at the turn and what he makes here?

At the turn I have now a monster draw with second nut flush draw at hearts and nut flush draw at diamonds + a gutshot. So nearly half of the deck improves my hand. What to you think of the full potsize bet?

Is it better to bet a little bit less to have some more money to bluff the river, if he has some kinds of flush and/or straight draws (I think if he just calls the turn bet he have most times a drawing hand too)?

River is an easy decision.

Should I bet the river if I can not improve?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: PLO400: Flop semi bluff improves to monster draw at the turn

I dont understand why you checkraised flop. I would understand leading on the flop and c/c the flop, but check raising with fd/bfd even if you suspect opponent has air seems odd. I understand that you bet to build the pot on the turn, but your bet is so large, that any river bluff by you will probably be called. If you whiffed on your draws villian is getting 4.3 to 1 to call.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:41 PM

I bet here at the flop the 68$ to win 63$. So if he folds here more than 52% it is +EV (Without the equity I still have if he calls). I think the chance to get the pot here unimproved is good so I decide to checkraise.

That the turn bet is to big I write in my first post. How much would you bet here? I think a 100-120$ with 221-241$ left on the river should be ok. With a 100-120$ bet at the turn, villain gets pot odds of a little bit less than 3:1 which is often enough, if holds some draws with maybe top pair.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM

i would like the flop raise more if you were drawing to the nut flush. i like the pot sized turn bet, cause you want him to fold his draws. i think you should bet the river too if you dont improve cause his hand looks like a draw.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:00 PM

Flop is a bad spot for a checkraise unless villain is a spaz who cbets 100% and folds too much when he meets resistance.

You have too good of a hand to be straight bluffing and not really good enough to be semibluffing on the flop. If he pushes the flop can you call?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is a bad spot for a checkraise unless villain is a spaz who cbets 100% and folds too much when he meets resistance.

You have too good of a hand to be straight bluffing and not really good enough to be semibluffing on the flop. If he pushes the flop can you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that is a very good argument and I understand, that check/call or a bet is better at the flop, because the hand is not strong enough to call a 3-bet (Indeed he has a hand 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he can 3-bet the flop).

So after c/c or bet out at the flop, what linie do you prefer at the turn? Is it better to bet into him or do you now tries a check raise? If he checks behind, would you bet the river, even if a blank comes or the board pairs?