Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Fantasy Baseball Drama (plot for revenge)

Alrite. I am REALLY pissed off at some retarded commissioner trying to do more than what he's supposed to do. Story follows:

The instant that Chris Carpenter (consensual #1 pitcher in all baseball before the season) was injured, I proposed a trade to the team that owns him for Barry Bonds. (I thought Barry would go down any moment with the amount of juice he used. Meh I don't know whether that was a good trade or not. You guys can argue it out too). The other team instantly accepted (within the day) on Yahoo!. The next day, news broke out that Carpenter is going to have some weird surgery and probably will miss at least three months. I felt like whatever for a while and am like "I PLAY TO WIN SON I GET CARPENTER IN FANTAASY BASEBALL PLAYOFF GUNA WHOOP YOU SO HARD". Now this is all dandy so far and no offense taken yet.

Three days later, I found out my trade was vetoed. I was surprised and dumbfounded at first and asked my roommate (who's also in the league) about this. It's a 20-teams H2H league (LOL) and under the setting the trade is under "League Votes". So apparently several teams found the trade to be unfair (uh yeah) and decided to veto it. Then the Commish, being a smart ass, decided to make a note:

[ QUOTE ]
So, it looks like we have some controversy here... I'm not sure who Han got to help him veto the trade but the way I see it, it's your own fault Han for not doing your research before you preposed the trade and getting cold feet thereafter. So here's how it's its gonna work: Unfortunately, even as commissioner, I can't see how many people voted against the trade, but if it was a majority of you guys, then so be it, I'll keep it as it is. However, if I am correct in thinking that Han used the Yahoo loophole in voting against it himself and successfully begging someone else to help him out, well, we just can't have that now can we? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
No, in my league, either democracy rules, or I rule alone; so feel free to post on the message board today if you guys have strong feelings one way or the other about the trade (this especially goes for you, Han, as I'm interested in hearing your defence). Otherwise, I'll remain democratic for the next day or 2 in which time Han can accept the trade which has been reproposed to him. After that time period, unless I hear enough evidence to the contrary, the trade WILL go through, whether you like it or not Han. And after that, everyone else can thank him for me for loosing you your trade vetoing privledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME BTCH? I've seen that fool in real life and he's just a puny white kid. I am hardcore AZN and i can whoop him hard (actually i'm just asian not azn nor hardcore). But for some reason i was really offended by it.

Then some smart-ass chimed in:
[ QUOTE ]
I voted against it because it was an uneven trade, I don't know about anyone else. I don't really care that much, so do whatever you think is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commish again obviously having no life:
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I hear you on that one Chance, but the trade was both proposed and accepted BEFORE Carpenter was going to be out for an extended period of time so it would be unfair to Jason if it didn't go through just because of that. The trade vetoing process in Yahoo is definately flawed but it does need to be there just in case theres a "dump all your good players once you're eliminated from the playoffs trade" but it shouldn't be used for a case like this (especially with Han trying to be a smart ass and voting against his own trade because he got cold feet at the end [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I would never do such a thing to ask my friends to veto the trade. First of all, there is no friends in fantasy baseball (am i right?). Secondly, I don't give a crap about a bad trade. I'd just let my team sit there and not play them at all if it comes down to it. But for some reason when I check my team today I have Chris Carpenter on the bench and Barry Bonds was shipped away to the other team. Uh, yeah what's going on. I don't know if i'm taking this too personally but this league is [censored] retarded.

What it do, Sporting Events?
a) demand Bonds back or drop all players (except for A-Rod)
b) find the puny white kid and kick his a$$
c) all of the above
d) ????
Old 05-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Baseball Drama (plot for revenge)

d) Realize that you lose all credability when you refer to Chris Carpenter as the consensual #1 pitcher in all of baseball.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 PM

Your commish is out of line. Stand up for yourself, and get your league mates to back you up that they voted the trade down on their own. If commish refuses to do what's right, then finish the season and don't play with this guy again. If you don't have any connection to anyone in the league or aren't concerned about burning any bridges, then quit. Fantasy baseball is too much fun to waste time with prickish commishes. But don't be that guy who ruins the league for everyone still playing by dropping all of your players. Just set your lineup and quit checking in.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 PM

I meant #1 pitcher besides Santana LDO.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your commish is out of line. Stand up for yourself, and get your league mates to back you up that they voted the trade down on their own. If commish refuses to do what's right, then finish the season and don't play with this guy again. If you don't have any connection to anyone in the league or aren't concerned about burning any bridges, then quit. Fantasy baseball is too much fun to waste time with prickish commishes. But don't be that guy who ruins the league for everyone still playing by dropping all of your players. Just set your lineup and quit checking in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This league has 20 teams which is stupid 6x6. About half of the teams in there are my friends. I don't think it was my friends that vetoed the trade. In fantasy baseball, there is no friends but just managers that decide the trade was unfair. I am not really concerned about burning bridges and I probably will quit if this doesn't get handled correctly. I agree fbaseball IS too fun to have prickish commish (the best ones are the ones that govern without existence- sun tzu).
Old 05-12-2007, 12:25 AM

Hanster; it's a basic problem with yahoo. It's [censored], but you've got to accept it happnened, then move on after complaining a bit so they won't [censored] you next time. I wouldn't enter next year if there's any money involved.