Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Networking

One thing you may want to do is touch a person you want to network with on the arm, hand, or shoulder. This is where kids most often touch each other in a loving way and helps develop a bond between you and the person being touched. Some people won't want to be touched at all and they may react very negatively but as long as you keep it appropriate it would help.

I have never tried this, but it seems obviously true to me.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Hello everyone,

I just recieved an invitation to a meeting of the Sweet Success Chapter (my local chapter) of BNI. http://www.bni.com/

BNI is a business and professional organization whose primary purpose is to exchange qualified business referrals. They claim to have the largest networking organization of its kind.

Their chapter is currently looking for a collection professional to whom they can refer business. What makes BNI unique is that it allows only one person per profession to join a chapter. If they accept my application none of my compeitors can participate.

I plan on attending the meeting and posting whatever information I can gather.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:32 PM

Im not to sure about "networking" in the sense of doing something to get contacts. I'm under the impression that should you be generally helpful and good fun then people tend to network for you, asuming your doing the same for them. I've had plenty of tough sits, where i've meantioned it over a beer or game and its been sorted the next day because the person i spoke to had the same ideals i have.