FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

Laughable? No,this whole thread is laughable.THE SKY IS FALLING!! Trust me when I tell you that these are,in fact, NOT bots.Just a very determined group with a great strategy.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked in my PT database and over 30,000 hands for each of these players, they have never recorded a single pot with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is definitely interesting. Do your numbers on each player match those of the OP?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Laughable? No,this whole thread is laughable.THE SKY IS FALLING!! Trust me when I tell you that these are,in fact, NOT bots.Just a very determined group with a great strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, we have found the bot owner.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 PM

I just noticed that Viper changed his mind. Anyways it bothers me when people just ignore these bot issues as something that could never happen. Bot infestations could easily ruin online poker for good. And with FTP showing they are too incompetent to do anything about it then it certainly doesn't look good for the smaller sites with even worse customer support.

Good work OP for doing all of this research. It's a bit frustrating to see that nothing will be done by FTP though. Well I will never play at that site, what a joke.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM

I mostly ignored bot issues because I agreed with the popular sentiment at the time that it was just too complicated to program a bot to play well at an kind of meaningful stakes.

I wonder why this would be compared with ALL the calculations a chess-bot can perform or even how half-decently I assume some of the players are on Turbo-Holdem or one of the WSOP video-game things (where you play against Ferguson or Hachem or whoever).

But people around here convinced me otherwise that it just wasn't realistic at that time for a bot to do well.

Then I saw evidence to the contrary in various threads and used my incredible skills of reasoning and open-mindedness to look at the situation anew.

It's not that tough to have PREVIOUSLY thought bots weren't very realistic and then to open your eyes and realize you might have been wrong.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only are there no spaces after punctuation in your sentances,but there is very little logic,or thought in them either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread highjack to say this was awesome.

We now return to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon further investigation, I retract a couple of my statements and agree with the OP a great deal more. I definitely still remember talking with 1forthethumb and mariojr on more than one occasion, but I just checked in my PT database and over 30,000 hands for each of these players, they have never recorded a single pot with each other.

Sorry for ripping on your claims without solid proof to the contrary OP.

I feel sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

This scares me even more than the original post.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me when I tell you that these are,in fact, NOT bots.Just a very determined group with a great strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, the group all decides to start playing at the same time, leave at the same time. Does the group all go to the bathroom at the same time as well?

If it was a group of people, they would be coming and going at different times. If it's a group of people who work in shifts running all the accounts, then it's against FT's policy to have multiple accounts.

Either way, one cheater or many, not much difference, but FT doesn't care as long as the rake keeps coming in.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 PM

If it were a group of people, wouldn't they be sitting at THE SAME table and sharing their cards?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 PM

It looks like three of them played in the same MTT on Full Tilt on Feb. 2 -- 1forthethumb, mariojr, and full_tilting. Obviously, whether they were ZeeJustin'ing is irrelevant to whether they ever sat together in cash games, but it makes me wonder if anyone would try to use MTT bots.

Edit: link
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/ful...37549B3F15.html