Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-29-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Help against spam

[ QUOTE ]
quit clicking unsubscribe, all it does is let them know your email address is an actual valid address that someone checks, they will only send you more

Also, someone please explain to me why email spam is such a huge deal? Everyone gets upset about it, there are meetings in congress over it, its illegal to do it. Yet no one gives a [censored] about the 2 tons of crap I get in my actual real mailbox, ads and flyers and missing children and all kinds of stupid [censored]. wtf??? Email spam isnt even annoying, if you have a decent program it all gets filtered out and it takes like .05 seconds to delete, real mail spam is annoying. It fills up my mailbox, so when the ahole postman shoves all the crap in there my real letters get bent and torn. I have to actually spend time sifting through all the crap to make sure I dont throw something important away. And no one gives a crap about that!! wtf?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spam is a problem because its cheap
Often promotes illegal things
wastes disk space and resource
makes it next to impossible to set up a real email server (goodluck getting a server off a black list ordb)

OP get a new email account NEVER post it on a website that it can be read Dont sign up for anyhting just give it to individuals......

gmail is a good suggestion
Old 04-30-2007, 05:04 AM

Hm interesting. Thanks for the help that was suggested. Alobar I felt the same way you do but it's really getting to me after I get 100 new e-mails everyday. Yea, it feels cool in the beginning that I'm such a hot shot and gets emails but now it's just plenty annoying. And it's my school e-mail so there are a few important messages here and there.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 AM

you can also keep your original email acct and use a gmail acct only as a spam filter.

http://mboffin.com/post.aspx?id=1636