Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Bankroll for draw

Hi all!
I have started to play some draw lately, and thinking about doing it more. Then I have to know more about bankroll management. I know that you should have at least 300 BBs in hold'em, but there are only two betting rounds in draw. Is 150 BBs ok? What is standard?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for draw

Hi Bedz!
You are right to assume that. I think 150BB should be perfectly adequate. Really, i think 150BB in draw would be MORE safety net than 300BB in hold'em, since as you mention, theres just 2 rounds, but also, theres significantly less of a luck factor in your short/mid term results. I've been doing this for like 4 months now, and have yet to see a -50BB downswing. Actually, not even a 40BB downswing! And i know i'm far from the best; i make mistakes probably every hour i play, but so long as your fundamentals are decent (and you play low enough stakes that theres noobs at your table), you should be more than OK with 100-150BBs.

There was a fairly recent thread on this (couple months back), that might give you more info if you want to try the search function. I would imagine "bankroll" as the search term should find it.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for draw

Yeah that is sick. I can't see why someone would like to play only hold'em that has a much higher variance if you can play games where luck has less short term effect