Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Is this bet horrible?

i don't put any more money in after the turn card falls.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM

[quoteI just meant that if you continue to show aggression, by betting, your opponent may give up and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gove some examples of hands that he called the PFR with and was prepared to come this far into the hand with, and that he is then going to fold for one RB?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 AM

O.K., I've been looking at this hand more and I think I was wrong about it initially. The turn card alone is bad enough, given the fact that he called you on the flop, to make me want to check-fold. It's just hard to imagine him having A7 or K7 or J7 (or a similar hand) often enough, and I'm drawing to less than 2 outs against the rest of his range.

But in looking over the hand, I'm actually wondering whether the flop bet is any good either. Do we think we'll get value from a 7 here? Doesn't seem likely. How many turn cards are there than we'll actually want to see? It seems to me that there are a lot that won't make us happy.

So, how often do we think we take it down here? The board is pretty coordinated, has a card in the "playing zone" higher than our pair, we're out of position, and the pot is large enough that our opponents will want to call. Basically, I'm questioning whether it's worthwhile to semi-bluff in this spot. Thoughts?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, how often do we think we take it down here? The board is pretty coordinated, has a card in the "playing zone" higher than our pair, we're out of position, and the pot is large enough that our opponents will want to call. Basically, I'm questioning whether it's worthwhile to semi-bluff in this spot. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
We have the best hand a ton of the time on the flop, and I'm not in the mood to give free cards. I'm c-betting here, but it doesn't mean I'm wedded to the hand if things go sideways (which they did).