Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 06:12 PM

Default About very loose people in the blinds

Just wondering something. I guess alot of people are already doing this, and maybe i've missed something in some book.

But if you are on the button, everyone folds to you, and the blinds are very loose, shouldn't we be just limping with some hands? I think i've heard someone talk about this before...

Cause, if they're very loose, and we have no FE, isn't it just better to limp and look at the flop. Knowing that if we hit, they'll probably call down. And since the only thing raising is accomplishing is putting in two bets instead of one, "stealing" doesn't really serve a purpose.

What hands to do this with? 22? 87s? Or is it just wrong?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: About very loose people in the blinds

I open-limp against them as a variation. Sometimes blinds are much looser preflop than post, so you still have a lot of fold equity on the flop when you show strength before the flop. When you open-limp, you can reliably bluff rags, but a loose BB might call with an overcard or two, thinking they have outs. You also need to consider whether limping will encourage the SB to complete. You don't want SB in there if possible.

I think the open-limping is OK with any marginal hand, like 87s or 22, but you should throw in a KK or AKs in there when your opponents are observant.