Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Default MTT hand

I don't have the HH but it's pretty straightforward. There are 19 players left in a Stars $10 MTT. 18 pay and I am in 19th, having just had my stack wiped, with 870 chips. BB is 600, no antes and I am on the button. I will profit $4 by folding into the money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] so I'm not so worried about cashing.

It folds to me OTB with QQT4 rainbow. Should I push, knowing that BB will call with any four cards or will I get a better hand in the next six hands or should I be looking for multiway action?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: MTT hand

Depends how important the $30-odd that you're gonna get form finishing 18th is. I say shove and hope for the best.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:37 AM

That's not quite the point. It was $15, which isn't hugely important. Is QQT4 worth pushing against a random hand? BB will obviously call with anything.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 AM

Well yeah, you're a decent favourite over a random hand, not to mention the potential dead money if SB doesn't feel like playing or BB pushes him out.

For $15, I probably shove 44+ and hope to get lucky. Any 4 vaguely connected cards. Any 4 suited cards. Any suited ace. Just put it in.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 AM

If not for the bubble it would be so close I don't think it matters much, I would probably push because you are a favourite over a random hand. The $15 for folding into the money is presumably worth about the same as the equity from gaining 2k in chips though, and you will have little chance to do much better. You can't say that $15 isn't worth caring about if you play $10 tourneys.