Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:15 AM

Default positional win rates

obviously if no limit is like limit there will be variable win rates per position with rates decreasing from the button down to the big blind. however, there is an exceptable range for each position. i'll put forth my own positional win rates -- as the main reason for me posting this is that i'm concerned my win rate in the big blind is pretty bad. also i realize that positional stats need large sample sizes to get to their true rates but with nearly 100k hands here are mine:

button 0.14
1 off 0.10
2 off 0.09
3 off 0.03
sb (0.04)
bb (0.20)

i suspect i've over-performed in the small blind and and under-performed in the big blind.

as always any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: positional win rates

Caveat #1: sample sizes are important here: anything under 10k hands is nearly entirely meaningless for these particular figures.

That said:
(1) As long as you're in the positive with blinds subtracted, you're not doing awful.
(2) Look whether there's a few big hands that cause the majority of the loss.
(3) More specific: look for hands (using PT filters) where you called in the BB, and how you did with them. When calling in the BB, you're playing thand OOP most of the time, so look out for that.
(4) Look how you do in defending the blinds, especially SB vs BB.

By themselves, these figures are just an indication there MAY be a leak, now you have to go looking for it.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: positional win rates

thanks for the response. the number of hands at each spot is as follows:

button 18,623
1 off 18,425
2 off 16,932
3 off 10,994
sb 18,591
bb 18,672

that being said i realize from my limit days that to look at individual hands in position (i.e. should i call in bb w/22 vs an tag's utg raise, etc.) require much larger samples than this to analyze.

i think my main question is what are the win rates positionally for solid winning players (3bb/100+). i have no idea what good players have in these spots and most importantly i'd like to see how people perform in the bb.

again thanks fabadam, i'll begin to look at individual hands in the bb to see if i can locate where my issues are occuring.