Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-28-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Examples of why your dad is/was awesome

I'm going to post two. Try and keep em short.

I did something terrible when I was eight. My mum ordered my dad to smack me. Before he came to my room I put a book down my trousers to soften the blow although I didn't know what to expect as I didn't think he would dream of hitting me.
He obviously saw the outline of the book and said 'Aren't you the clever one', smiled proudly and left.

When I was nine and on holiday I found a piece of Amethyst which I still have but now know is totally worthless. He 'bought' it off me for £20. It probably took me two years to spend!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Examples of why your dad is/was awesome

hooked me up with a hooker in a foreign country when i was 14 .
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM

He once worked 80 hours in 4 days so he could take a week off to go backpacking with my boyscout troop.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM

He went to court with me today, and wore baggy khakis, a crappy button down shirt, suspenders, and birkenstocks with black socks (his idea of dressing up).

I wore a suit.

Oh ya, my dad is awesome.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM

-My dad worked 80-hour weeks for 25 years so that my brothers and I could take trips to Disney and have video game systems and dress in nice clothes.

-He used to drive me to Kindergarten on the back of his motorcycle.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He went to court with me today, and wore baggy khakis, a crappy button down shirt, suspenders, and birkenstocks with black socks (his idea of dressing up).

I wore a suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

TR please!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM

These are fantastic so far especially 'Dad aka the Pimp'. Going to play some pokerz and I look forward to reading some good stories.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wore a suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

TR please!

[/ QUOTE ]

Later tonight!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:45 PM

My wife and I laughed at our Dad's respective reactions when we were kids and first noticed the effect that makes it look like the moon is "following" you when you are in a car.

Her dad floored it and said "I bet I can beat it home!"

My dad, once we got home, took out a flashlight, a basketball, and a tennis ball and explained not only parallax, but also the phases of the moon.

My dad is awesome.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Great thread.

My dad immigrated to the US when he was around 22. He didn't understand a lot about our customs, best examples being:

1) he gets pulled over for drinking a beer while driving. Asks the officer why he is being pulled over, in genuine confusion. The office points to the beer. Dad says "OH! You want one? (offers beer)" To his surprise he gets arrested! Oops.

2) My dad loved hunting and nature in general and one day saw a skunk. Apparently skunks look different in Europe than they do here, so he was very intrigued by this "animal" and wanted to check it out. So he somehow incapacitates it and puts it in his trunk. Next stop was a convenience store, his (first) wife goes in, he sees people pointing at her and covering their noses. He said the smell never left the trunk of the car.

3) Dad hits a deer on the highway. The deer falls into some liberal, animal-loving dude's yard. The guy comes out of his house, freaking out about the poor, injured deer. My dad thinks quickly and tells the guy "I'm a medical doctor. I know an excellent vet that I'm going to take this animal to right away. Help me load him in my van - if we hurry we can probably save his life." Dad drives home, deer dies, he slaughters it in the garage and we eat on that thing for a year. It was delicious.

4) He made a habit of procuring horribly profane and offensive bumper stickers. Then, for kicks, he would randomly stick them on unsuspecting people's cars in the parking lot where he worked at the mental health center.