Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Official review thread on a win of FTP $100 6-max

Betgo win of $100 6-max
I hope I set the link right and I hope this is OK with mods. I find these discussions pretty interesting, but I realize not everyone is in PokerXFactor. I wasn't playing many pros here. However, I thought my 6-max play would be interesting, and I am interested in critiques on my play.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Official review thread on a win of FTP $100 6-max

Link doesn't work for me. (I just tried another recently posted one and it did work fine, so I think it's a problem with yours specifically.)
Old 08-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Is this better? The other link worked for me, but that is not a good test.

100 6-max win
Old 08-24-2007, 05:15 PM

Yes, fixed.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:20 PM

Here is some of my comment. Lately I am playing a lot of MTT tourneys and doing quite well, so I decided for the first time to add something to the forum. I skipped the video to hand 400

Hand 416, AJ in button. Personally I would shove here. SB + BB would need QQ+, AK, to call you gain folding equity of UTG.

Hand 419, T2s, you limp from sb. I guess you had a read on him that he never shoves, which he should definitely do with JT with 12 CPR. On the flop, you call an one card gutshot with flushdraw on the board while he has a short stack. Implied odds do not value this.

Hand 432, limp K7. I would never limp 4 handed on the button. Raise to 20.000 so you got easy odds to call SB when he shoves and you can fold to shove of BB.
452, limping again 3 handed. I really am interested in your thought of limping short handed.

Hand 544: Q6, sb limps, you flop a openended. He bets, I prefer shoving here as he will lay down T, 8, 7 or 6. I do not see him here slowplaying AA of KK, but in case he does, you got your outs.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Replies in italics
Here is some of my comment. Lately I am playing a lot of MTT tourneys and doing quite well, so I decided for the first time to add something to the forum. I skipped the video to hand 400

Hand 416, AJ in button. Personally I would shove here. SB + BB would need QQ+, AK, to call you gain folding equity of UTG.

Hand 419, T2s, you limp from sb. I guess you had a read on him that he never shoves, which he should definitely do with JT with 12 CPR. On the flop, you call an one card gutshot with flushdraw on the board while he has a short stack. Implied odds do not value this.
I don't like to open complete much in the SB. The last review thread, villain seemed to always open complete. Villain has 23xBB. I didn't think he wouold raise or push that often.

As for the flop call, the bet was 2/5 pot and I didn't know if villain had anything. Partly a float, but maybe a fold is better with the dangerous board.

Hand 432, limp K7. I would never limp 4 handed on the button. Raise to 20.000 so you got easy odds to call SB when he shoves and you can fold to shove of BB.
452, limping again 3 handed. I really am interested in your thought of limping short handed.
I am not sure why you think I shouldn't limp. I am playing position, and thought limping was better with those hands and situations. If people start coming over my limps, I can limpreraise.

Hand 544: Q6, sb limps, you flop a openended. He bets, I prefer shoving here as he will lay down T, 8, 7 or 6. I do not see him here slowplaying AA of KK, but in case he does, you got your outs.
I have one card for the low end of an OESD. Villain bet close to pot into dangerous board. Pushing is dangerous, as I could be called by a big made hand or a cobination draw.