Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: a crash course in prenups

[ QUOTE ]

Good news:

This thread has convinced me that a Frankenstein level effort needs to be conducted to sterilize guids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negro, please.

I don't share all of guids' values and I disagree with some of his conclusions. That said, I'd say he's got his head on straighter about women than the majority of frequent contributors to related threads. I'd certainly rather have him dating my sister than a lot of the pocket sociopaths and permanently embittered nerdlingers that hang around here.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good news:

This thread has convinced me that a Frankenstein level effort needs to be conducted to sterilize guids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negro, please.

I don't share all of guids' values and I disagree with some of his conclusions. That said, I'd say he's got his head on straighter about women than the majority of frequent contributors to related threads. I'd certainly rather have him dating my sister than a lot of the pocket sociopaths and permanently embittered nerdlingers that hang around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, just ignore him. from now on, because he habit of trolling my posts, just dont reply. it gets old, and sidetracks things needlessly.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 AM

Prenups are not a magic bullet that let you enforce any conditions you want. You guys have a lot of misconceptions. Most critically, courts won't enforce any deal related to child support. If you have kids, the court will do what it wants in terms of setting their support, no matter what you put in any prenup. When you make the deal, it is critical that the other party have plenty of time to review it, isn't forced to sign it under duress, has access to a lawyer, etc. If you don't spell out for your spouse ALL of your assets, that will usually void the agreement. Finally, the courts will require that the prenup is FAIR. Some courts hold that providing no spousal support when one party earns far more than the other is unfair on its face. What makes a prenup fair is subject to debate, but some of the ideas in this thread are pretty clearly on the other side of the line.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drew,

How much do you think people make?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I realize that $60-80K is probably more than the average man makes. Amend to say you could hire one fulltime M-F nanny for $30-40K, and take care of your own [censored] on the weekends.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prenups are not a magic bullet that let you enforce any conditions you want. You guys have a lot of misconceptions. Most critically, courts won't enforce any deal related to child support. If you have kids, the court will do what it wants in terms of setting their support, no matter what you put in any prenup. When you make the deal, it is critical that the other party have plenty of time to review it, isn't forced to sign it under duress, has access to a lawyer, etc. If you don't spell out for your spouse ALL of your assets, that will usually void the agreement. Finally, the courts will require that the prenup is FAIR. Some courts hold that providing no spousal support when one party earns far more than the other is unfair on its face. What makes a prenup fair is subject to debate, but some of the ideas in this thread are pretty clearly on the other side of the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prenuptial agreements do go a long way in protecting your [censored] from cheating wives. They aren't bulletproof (nor do most people think so), but having one with both lawyers present is going to significantly help your cause in court.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drew,

How much do you think people make?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I realize that $60-80K is probably more than the average man makes. Amend to say you could hire one fulltime M-F nanny for $30-40K, and take care of your own [censored] on the weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

30-40k is still more than half of what most couples make. So, are you saying that a stay-at-home mom deserves more than half of the assets from a divorce, because I thought you were saying the opposite earlier.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM

80% of what quids said is spot on (even if it may have come off as arrogant or self-righteous.)

ALWAYS get a pre-nup (whether you are male, female, earn more, or earn less.) Anyone who doesn't see this imo, is either a golddigger or a dumbass.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
80% of what quids said is spot on (even if it may have come off as arrogant or self-righteous.)

ALWAYS get a pre-nup (whether you are male, female, earn more, or earn less.) Anyone who doesn't see this imo, is a golddigger or dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

or has been with someone for many, many years prior to getting married...

or doesn't give a [censored] about money and would gladly give up 50% of assets...
Old 08-24-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good news:

[/ QUOTE ]

Negro, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

PS- Im interested at which parts people specifically disagree with. VoraciousReader raised good points (basically because I wasn't as clear as I should have been w/ each reply), but no one else has said anything specifically flawed other than "I should be sterilized" or "I beat my wife" and looking at the douche bag sources those comments came from just re-infroces the idea that Im not crazy.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Courts have even enforced child support when the husband has been proven not to be the father via DNA testing, many many times.