Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
So now it's Mags/Rivera/Mauer for Sizemore/Lee/Zimmerman. I think I'd still do that, depending on who you still have getting saves and who your catcher would be. Your getting the better end of this trade on (Sizemore>Mags, Lee>>Rivera), and Zimmerman should be better in the 2nd half (his BABIP is around .260 or something awful right now, he's on pace for 25 HR and 85 runs and 85 RBI).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still have V Mart catching. My bullpen would be Saito, Accardo, Bell, Okajima, Betancourt. I would probably look to pick up another closer on waivers - maybe grab Guardado and stash him on the DL.

I have A-Ram at 3B who is usually big in the 2nd half if he's healthy, and I would be using Drew, Thomas or Luis Gonzalez at UTIL. So Zimmerman isn't all that useful to me.

I'm guessing he would take it with Bell or Betancourt. I could also offer it with Saito instead of Rivera, but I'd rather keep Saito if I can.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27 AM

Since you have V-Mart, Mauer is expendable (it feels so wrong to type that). Try to pry away something you can use instead of Zimmerman, like a SP or RP maybe. Between Drew, Thomas, and Gonzalez, I'd be playing Thomas right now. He caught fire in the 2nd half last year, and he's doing it again.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:15 AM

Is Stephen Drew worth holding onto in a keeper league at this point? I am in first, so hes not killing me, but i can only be so patient. 12 Team mixed 25 man roster H2H keep 8.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Stephen Drew worth holding onto in a keeper league at this point? I am in first, so hes not killing me, but i can only be so patient. 12 Team mixed 25 man roster H2H keep 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If you normalize his BABIP and HR/FB%, his line would look something like .280/.340/.420 with 10 HR. Not earth shattering, but decenet enough for a shortstop with a high ceiling.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So now it's Mags/Rivera/Mauer for Sizemore/Lee/Zimmerman. I think I'd still do that, depending on who you still have getting saves and who your catcher would be. Your getting the better end of this trade on (Sizemore>Mags, Lee>>Rivera), and Zimmerman should be better in the 2nd half (his BABIP is around .260 or something awful right now, he's on pace for 25 HR and 85 runs and 85 RBI).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still have V Mart catching. My bullpen would be Saito, Accardo, Bell, Okajima, Betancourt. I would probably look to pick up another closer on waivers - maybe grab Guardado and stash him on the DL.

I have A-Ram at 3B who is usually big in the 2nd half if he's healthy, and I would be using Drew, Thomas or Luis Gonzalez at UTIL. So Zimmerman isn't all that useful to me.

I'm guessing he would take it with Bell or Betancourt. I could also offer it with Saito instead of Rivera, but I'd rather keep Saito if I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you shopped Mauer? I'd think that dealing Magglio and Mauer in separate deals will net a better return even though this is a homerun for you. I'd much rather move Betancourt or Bell, then pick up another of the plentiful holds guys off somewhere else. I'm not sure how your league is, but I picked up Villaneuva off the waiver wire THIS WEEK! Either that or you could trade Mauer for another top flight holds guy and a better closer than Rivera (we are talking about Mariano, right?).

Definitely hold on to Saito. He's a top 5 closer right now, and might be #1 going forward. 43/3 K/BB in 34 IP is Gagneesque.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you would not start Bonds ahead of Cust? Or that he should bench Holliday or Dunn instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunn might well be the worst of those three. If you normalize his batted ball data to his career rates, you're looking at .220/.310/.485 with 18 HR right now. That's putrid in any format.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jack Cust, Holliday and Dunn are my outfielders. So Jack Cust, probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

NUH UH

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you would not start Bonds ahead of Cust? Or that he should bench Holliday or Dunn instead?

Edit - Actually, I just went and the original post. That's an awful trade. You want no part of Bartolo "I'm so fat it hurts my f***ing throwing shoulder" Colon. Bonds is not enough of an improvement over Cust to justify giving up A-Rod and taking back A-Ram. Buehrle is not great shakes, but he's Cy Young compared to Colon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cust is the second coming of Jesus. I would definitely start him over anyone but God. Who happens to be Barry Bonds.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:14 AM

As mentioned before, I traded Juan Pierre for Orlando Hudson to fill my 2B gap. Now someone just proposed Ramon Hernandez/Shane Victorino for Russell Martin. As of now I'm pretty much giving up the SB category, but is this worth it or is Hernandez going to stink up the joint in the 2nd half?

My team is on the 2nd page of this thread if you want to look.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 AM

H2H 10 manager league. Just wondering how strong/weak you would consider my offensive line-up:

C: Martin
1B: Hafner
2B: Kendrick (for DL'ed Upton)
SS: Jeter
3B: Aramis
OF: Beltran
OF: Sizemore
OF: Jason Bay
Old 07-05-2007, 04:36 AM

your offense is very good...

but you havent told us: a) what your pitching is like...b) what your categories are