Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Recommend Me a Beer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where do you live?

twohearted ale pale ale or oberon ale if youre in mich, oh, in area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean Bell's Oberon? Everything I've ever had from Bells has been fantastic (the Two Hearted Ale is one of the best beers I've ever tasted). It's available now here on the east coast...is this national yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No sadly it's still midwest/eastern.
http://www.bellsbeer.com/beerfinder.asp
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Trust me, it's awesome. And 9% ABV.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They sell this at a nearby convenience store. I've been meaning to give it a shot.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
various Sammy Smith's
Fat Tire
Anchor Steam/Liberty Ale
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I do enjoy dark, rich stuff like Guiness Stout and Boddington's, I think I am most partial to the lighter beers.

I'm looking for mainly SMOOTHNESS, clean-taste, and drinkability. Not into the super-skunky stuff right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
That reads, "I want a lager," so what you ended up getting is kind of weird. I would have recommended just about any Czech Pils, Staropramen is fine. Czech Pils are the definition of crisp, clean taste.

I wouldn't have recommended a hoppy APA because I assume by "super-skunky" you meant hoppy, and I wouldn't have recommended a big Belgian because you can only drink two of those before getting a little loopy.

A hefe - the Weihenstephaner mentioned is my favorite - would be good on the lighter, less hoppy counts, but its got a bit of the fruit flavor you seem to be wanting to get away from.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 AM

Groelsch Amber
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although I do enjoy dark, rich stuff like Guiness Stout and Boddington's, I think I am most partial to the lighter beers.

I'm looking for mainly SMOOTHNESS, clean-taste, and drinkability. Not into the super-skunky stuff right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
That reads, "I want a lager," so what you ended up getting is kind of weird. I would have recommended just about any Czech Pils, Staropramen is fine. Czech Pils are the definition of crisp, clean taste.

I wouldn't have recommended a hoppy APA because I assume by "super-skunky" you meant hoppy, and I wouldn't have recommended a big Belgian because you can only drink two of those before getting a little loopy.

A hefe - the Weihenstephaner mentioned is my favorite - would be good on the lighter, less hoppy counts, but its got a bit of the fruit flavor you seem to be wanting to get away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa you know your stuff. You're exactly right. I wanted some smooth [censored], but I ended up with the dark, super-skunky stuff (Nocturnum and Three Philosophers).

Honestly though, it was good beer nonetheless. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Tonight I went out to my closest liquor store looking for a 24 of Pilsner Urquell, but they didn't have any.

So, par some people's request, I am chilling with a couple pints of FAT TIRE right now, and this stuff isn't too bad either.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on your description, you may really enjoy Japanese beer. Try Sapporo, Asahi, or Kirin Ichiban and you won't be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ordered these at a sushi place and when I looked at the bottle guess where they were made, good ol us of a. I didn't like them, tasted like any other domestic.

This is easy:

FAT TIRE [/end thread]
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They sell this at a nearby convenience store. I've been meaning to give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drank this and Don De Dieu at a beer festival on Montreal and really enjoyed them both. Just be careful though as both beers are very smooth for 9% and can sneak up on you after a few.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM

If you can find it, consider giving Hoegaarden a chance. I am on a really big kick on this stuff since I tried it a few months back.

Really nice weiss bier.