Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Default new PPA Ad

not sure if this will be advertised on tv or where it will be advertised but they put it on YouTube today

PPA Ad
Old 03-06-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: new PPA Ad

okay ad but the main point is that hopefully this helps spread the news about PPA and gets new members to join and donate but that is what we need right now.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 AM

seem a little long for a tv ad. hopefully it gets put out somewhere to grab some more attention tho.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if this will be advertised on tv or where it will be advertised but they put it on YouTube today

PPA Ad

[/ QUOTE ]

that ad is terrible. it says it's illegal for americans to play online, which is debatable at best. one of the goals of the ppa should be to avoid killing the games that are running now.

also if you were at all undecided about poker i don't think this would make you sympathetic at all.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PPA Ad

[/ QUOTE ]

that ad is terrible. it says it's illegal for americans to play online, which is debatable at best. one of the goals of the ppa should be to avoid killing the games that are running now.

also if you were at all undecided about poker i don't think this would make you sympathetic at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed WTF is Michael trying to do?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PPA Ad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a viral ad to recruit members not convince the bible belt.

It does not say Poker is illegal it says the bill makes it illegal to process payments for online sites.

I liked the profile of those involved, a good solid start. I think the PPA is starting to get it's game into gear but as with poker we all know there is more to learn and we can get better.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:53 AM

its not that bad.

does anyone remember an interview with possibly one of the higher ups at party or another site where the guy said, "if the US would license, regulate, and tax online poker, we would have them a check tomorrow" or something like that?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PPA Ad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a viral ad to recruit members not convince the bible belt.

It does not say Poker is illegal it says the bill makes it illegal to process payments for online sites.

I liked the profile of those involved, a good solid start. I think the PPA is starting to get it's game into gear but as with poker we all know there is more to learn and we can get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong!!! It does say. Look again. Read don't just listen. Also it reinforces the idea that internet poker is illegal by repeatedly using words like "prohibition".

Not only does it make this mistake, but it also paints the sites that remain as shady and risky. There is nothing shady about PS or Fulltilt or even WPEX compared to the sites that have left the US.

This is not the only place the PPA makes these mistakes. Listen to the NYtimes audio, especially the last segment. http://www.nytimes.com/pages/technology/index.html

The only explanation that I can figure for these mistakes is that the PPA is doing the bidding for PartyPoker. These are things that Party might want people to think, plus the ad paints Party in a very good light as one of those trustworthy sites that was driven out of the US market by UIGEA.

Remember the PPA has not been open on where it is getting its money. And do we really think that the players alone that have joined the PPA could pay for someone like D'amato?

I fail to see how anything that the PPA is doing will benefit 2+2ers in the near future unless a carve out comes soon and the tax that the PPA is offering isn't so high as to obliterate profitability for the skilled player.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PPA Ad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The goals of the PPA should be to focus on the long-term and build broader public support for its cause.

You're not thinking about the long term and you're not its target audience. It doesn't need to preach to the choir.

Well, actually it does since it seems to be a ass-backward organization, but that notwithstanding, this ad is a step in the right direction.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 AM

The ad is good and it's heads and tails better than the first version.