Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: FTP vs STARS - My view of Both after 3 yrs +

btw, i think sites can care less about making $2 instead of $3 per pot. They want to keep players alive for as long as they can to keep the games going.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, we have to trust our instincts. Once I sniff out that a generator is less than random, I start to multiply my outs by about a time and a half. Before I know it, I’m sitting on a huge stack that the other players fear.

[/ QUOTE ]
God, I love you guys. What's your FT or Stars name again?

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I downloaded the trial for pokertracker so I do have numbers to back this up.

[/ QUOTE ]
By all means, please show us these "less than random" events. Can't wait.

>>Edit<< Why do I feel like I'm being levelled. Can anyone honestly be this stupid?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

disjunction, I'm assuming you were just nit picking here. While some tiny bias may exist somewhere in the system, the question is can you exploit that bias? If the answer is no, then for all intents and purposes you have a 'random' shuffle (or whatever).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the numbers are pseudorandom which are good enough for me. Certainly nobody who hasn't taken an advanced class in cryptography or whatever will be able to find a weakness in the pseudorandom generation. Even if the pseudorandom number is "bad", somehow, the .000000001% extra times the 4 of diamonds is dealt would have no effect on us in a lifetime.

The guy I was replying to seemed to have a legitimate question, so I was giving an answer as to how computers work.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

>>Edit<< Why do I feel like I'm being levelled. Can anyone honestly be this stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got leveled on #1.

#2, on the other hand, I don't think that's the case.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have won lots of money, lost lots of money etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

riiiiiiight
Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have won lots of money, lost lots more money etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Truthiness.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, sticking to the FTP vs Stars. I really like graphics on stars over full tilt even though i'm on full tilt. I just love that hyper-simple theme. If only it could come to full tilt. I'm sick of the cards and the green full tilt poker felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

go to the software forums, there are good ftp mods... dont make the graphics the reason you choose where to play.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:54 PM

God, I love you guys. What's your FT or Stars name again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of us "rigged" doomsdayer's actually try to play a solid TAG game on FT or other sites. I don't quite understand the logic of "calling us out" like we are a bunch of donks.

Remember, WE'RE the ones capping it with the Rockets or pushing with the set (almost ALWAYS with the best of it pre-flop or on the flop I can assure you).

I play shorthanded live twice a week (when games start breaking up. etc.). We usually quit after an hour ALWAYS due to lack of action.The big hand action on the 6 man limit games on Full Tilt are stupidly unrealistic compared to live.

An honest question to you Pokertrackers. Does Pokertrackers record "big hand play" per deal? In other words, could you get the stats for boat vs boat, or boat vs 2 pair, or set vs str8 etc. on a PER DEAL basis. So it would say something like "out of the past 50 deals - a boat beat trips 6 times, a str8 beat 2 pair 5 times etc. Just curious.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Like wow I totally agree with you 5 handed last week there was a major action flop with my 53 from the bb and a flop of 553. The Sb had 33 like what are the odds I get all of that money it was sickly unrealistic.

OH WAIT... That was live. Give up on the unrealstic arguement because its a bunch of BS. Most "rigged TAGs" as you put it just simply cant play 6 handed because they are most of the time TOO tight and Too passive post flop. If you can't beat a game and continue to play in it then you are a donk and even more so when you blame the site for being rigged as the reason.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:59 PM

I was playing in a live game in Vegas - the players kept complaining the automatic shuffler is not shuffling properly...

If indeed FT favors draws, why not change your game accordingly?

I played on FT for a month after UIGEA trying to clear their slow as molasses bonus and I found the games weird compared to Party. It was suckout after suckout after suckout, not just for me, but for everyone else. I started keeping a log of how many times the best cards made it after an allin - the results were alarming. It could be attributed to the different playing style of the players - on other sites players might not go allin with these holdings.

But then I cleared my bonus and joined Stars and thought I just witnessed weird card distribution for a month.

There is no motive for a site to "alter" the cards - if you keep "the fish playing longer", you'll lose your regulars.

I know nothing about random number generators, but could there be a flaw?

It was probably just a weird month and I'm happier at Stars.