FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB?
Vick v. NO 8 80.00%
Kitna v. Mia 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: 2nd Chance: Need A Calling Range v Shaun

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still expecting a Ray equity analysis to make me look like an idiot [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I had a2o and called and im still sort of unsure about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam it's basically impossible your call was wrong. It would be breakeven if shaun was shoving 66+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+

I'd bet my life savings that shaun is pushing much wider than that.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice fold

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Your equity is exactly 50% against 60% of hands.

Hand 0: 50.000% 46.95% 03.05% 7041974880 457934172.00 { 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T3s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, A2o+, K3o+, Q5o+, J7o+, T7o+, 97o+, 87o }
Hand 1: 50.000% 46.95% 03.05% 7041939816 457934172.00 { A2o }
Old 11-19-2007, 11:42 AM

hmmmmmmmmm 8 big blinds, id say hes shoving any ace in this spot, and pair, hands maybe 78 suited and up. id call with king jack and above, pairs above 6's or better i think. Im just thinking intuititvely but thats probably pretty close to optimal
Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then WTF are you asking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking because it was an interesting spot and it would improve my game to be able to make good decisions in these spots

[ QUOTE ]
some arbitrary range that makes a decision right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'd like to be able to know which hands I can call with in order to gain +EV in this spot or avoid -EV by making a poor call. Sorry?

[ QUOTE ]
OBV Shaun can make this with a wide range. A 2p2r is in the BB... I hope he is aware...so his range tightens somewhat....but I'm not "In the Loop" so wtf/e

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're going on about here. If you are asking about how Shaun views me in order to gain more info about the hand, thats fine. Shaun probably views me as tight and unwilling to make marginal EV calls in this spot.

[ QUOTE ]
and if u are not tghtening the range,,,then seriously....W T F?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your range was wayyyyyy too tight. Not calling Shaun's shove with 66 is a collosal mustake in my opinion.

No need to flip out man...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...I get d r u n k and think I'm smart in that not at all sort of way. I really have no business posting here. I am, however, highly qualified to lurk.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmmmmmm 8 big blinds, id say hes shoving any ace in this spot, and pair, hands maybe 78 suited and up. id call with king jack and above, pairs above 6's or better i think. Im just thinking intuititvely but thats probably pretty close to optimal

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't put him on that range and fold 22-55/KT (and a few other hands). I mean I know you were just ballparking it, without running the numbers, I'm just saying for the sake of discussion, if that's Shaun's range, you don't need 66+.
Adam,
No way is A2 not a call here.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt even close to optimal. 22 is a snap call.

and shaun im not sure what analysis ray is going to do that i havnt shown in this thread. if BB was a random and not adam i know you would be shoving any 2 (at least you should be) having adam in the BB might make you shove a little tighter, but it shouldn't drastically affect your shoving range. i dont have access to sngpt at the moment, but im pretty sure adam calling more correctly than randoms isnt going to reduce shaun's optimal shoving range by thatt much due to how much is in the pot preflop compared to shaun's stack. also i think (could be wrong) that adam is on the tighter side and im guessing shaun knows that too.

imo there would be nothing wrong with calling with the entire range i posted in my original reply. they were all at least slightly +cEV against a 60% range, which as i've said is a conservative range for shaun imo. plus adam's got a decent stack and would still be fine if he loses the hand.
but if you don't like very marginal plays then i guess call a little tighter.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't put him on that range and fold 22-55/KT (and a few other hands). I mean I know you were just ballparking it, without running the numbers, I'm just saying for the sake of discussion, if that's Shaun's range, you don't need 66+.
Adam,
No way is A2 not a call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya your right, my calling range is probably off because i didnt poker stove it or anything, so i should call with 22-55, but i think his shoving range is pretty accurate
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still expecting a Ray equity analysis to make me look like an idiot [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] i didnt even see this be4, calling with a 2 is maybe marginally bad to breakeven to possibly barely plus ev, i really dont think shaun is shoving any 2 here. maybe im nitty, and also it could be that i havent played much with shaun deeb so im not exactly sure what his specific range in this spot is. if his shove was 2 blinds more it would be a snap fold imo because ud be down to 12-13 blinds if u lost which wont even be re raise f/e really. so this makes me a little more inclined to gamble since we have 15 bb's if we call and lose but id prob still fold a 2 call with like a 5 s and a 6 o maybe thinking about it again, but u really cant be faulted much for calling there.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i didnt even see this be4, calling with a 2 is maybe marginally bad to breakeven to possibly barely plus ev, i really dont think shaun is shoving any 2 here. maybe im nitty, and also it could be that i havent played much with shaun deeb so im not exactly sure what his specific range in this spot is. if his shove was 2 blinds more it would be a snap fold imo because ud be down to 12-13 blinds if u lost which wont even be re raise f/e really. so this makes me a little more inclined to gamble since we have 15 bb's if we call and lose but id prob still fold a 2 call with like a 5 s and a 6 o maybe thinking about it again, but u really cant be faulted much for calling there.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone seems to ignore me in this thread or think im retarded or something. ive played with shaun a lot and he is good. a good MTT player is shoving a v wide range here. if BB was also expert MTT player and calling perfectly, then shaun should tighten his range a bit. thus the BB shud tighten his range some etc etc until an equilibrium is reached where shaun can shove a certain range regardless of how well BB is calling. i don't know what that range is exactly, but i bet it is fairly wide.

edit: what i'm trying to say here is yes shaun's range is gunna be tighter cuz adam is in BB, but not a whole lot tighter than if it was a random. it's still gunna be pretty wide.

but that aside A2o isn't even up for debate.

from an earlier post of mine in this thread

[ QUOTE ]

Adam it's basically impossible your call was wrong. It would be breakeven if shaun was shoving 66+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+

I'd bet my life savings that shaun is pushing much wider than that.

[/ QUOTE ]