Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 PM

Default TPBK

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05/$0.1
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0.63
UTG+1: $3.25
MP1: $0.75
hero: $2.82
CO: $2.24
Button: $1.93
SB: $0.71
BB: $4.16

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: 4.5BB

Am I too weak here on the turn. My read on the flop/turn bettor was loose passive. I thought small pot/passive player/lousy kicker makes this a fold?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: TPBK

*grunch*

I usually only play Ax suited when I have a lot of callers. In your hand there was only one caller when the action got back to you, so I wouldn't even play it. That gets you out of the position of having to play when you flop an ace but have a weak kicker. I think the turn fold is fine if he is a passive player and donkleads after being raised on the flop.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 PM

Preflop: Raise to isolate if limper is a weak player, otherwise fold. Stats would be very helpful. I call down from here readless.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:55 PM

**Grunch**

I like how you played it. I think that you definitly raise this on the flop to show that you like your hand, so perfect. When he bets the turn, given your read, you should def fold. well played IMO
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 AM

Heads up with tp against someone who didn't raise preflop makes me want to call down here. Especially if you had seen him get out of hand with an ace and a bad kicker. If I had only seen him do this with a strong made hand I'd be more likely to fold.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:46 AM

playing this hand is situational ...

what is UTG1 like ...
if tight but likes to fold, with UI big cards, i raise it up (if likely to get heads up)

if tight and solid - easy fold

if he's garbage (raise to isolate ... unless lp players also very loose ... maybe call or fold)

on the turn ... i think it's a good fold (unless this guy is a retard ... or the kind of player that doesn't want to give you a free card) ...

either way, the pot isn't large and your holdings are marginal ...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:58 AM

this is a bad fold. call the turn and the river if you're so worried.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:57 AM

Yeah, I don't like this fold. What is it that you were confident that you were ahead of on the flop that you're so confident you're behind on the turn?

I mean I wouldn't go wild w/ your holding; I liked the flop raise to isolate the bettor. I am just not sure what an LPish villain is limping PF that he'd bet on the flop and which of those possible holdings beats you? Not KQ...perhaps JT? I mean he could certainly have a better ace or he could have turned 2-pair or something. My guess is he turned a 2nd pair or he has a pair and a draw (KT, T9, etc.) and so I'm calling this down. Since the pot's relatively small I don't hate a fold but the only thing that I think he could realistically have that beat you are JT or perhaps AJ.

-Doc
ps. ho please
Old 01-03-2007, 03:21 PM

after some research, he seems to be unimaginative loose passive. Did some times get out of line of his image on the flop but continued only if the turn gave him something solid. His stats were something along the lines of 70/5/0.6. bets top pair, raises 2 pair, call with second. Never saw him being put under pressure after showing strength though which is the question here. Straightforward guy. Still thinks its a fold going on the read. He didnt raise preflop with AK so he could have anything except perhaps AA-KK.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Bitch please. I call to showdown.

Also what it do, Dr. Dre fo eva.