Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: River value?

[ QUOTE ]
Please, if you're really bad at poker don't offer advice, especially pf advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you even posting the hand if you dont want opinions?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't give pf advice

River is all I care about

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice edit.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that comment was totally rude and inappropriate. Just frustrated because the title and body of my post address only my river question. pf is fine here because people play differently. I don't need a nit telling me to fold when I'm happy playing my style, which varies from 22/15 to 33/26 depending on my mood, cards, table, etc. Please, focus on the question about the river, and if you have no comments, open another thread. Don't hijack.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 PM

River is definite check and probably fold, but *consider* calling.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that comment was totally rude and inappropriate. Just frustrated because the title and body of my post address only my river question. pf is fine here because people play differently. I don't need a nit telling me to fold when I'm happy playing my style, which varies from 22/15 to 33/26 depending on my mood, cards, table, etc. Please, focus on the question about the river, and if you have no comments, open another thread. Don't hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many thing's I would like to way about your attitude dude... but instead I will direct you to the second response to your post.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many thing's I would like to way about your attitude dude... but instead I will direct you to the second response to your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, address my attitude. I asked about one street and you need to give you unwarranted (and unwanted) opinion about others. There is no way that I can convince you that my pf play is super standard for me, given my style, thus I'm not interested in opening that up at all. Why are you struggling so hard with this? It's elementary.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 PM

lol @ all the river checking

also given your read i actually kinda like the way you played the flop
Old 11-07-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please, address my attitude. I asked about one street and you need to give you unwarranted (and unwanted) opinion about others. There is no way that I can convince you that my pf play is super standard for me, given my style, thus I'm not interested in opening that up at all. Why are you struggling so hard with this? It's elementary.

[/ QUOTE ]

manupod , I think people are simply trying to engage you in debate about your actions. they aren't trying to insult you. if you don't want to be engaged in debate about some particular thing that's your perrogative. but you have to expect to be engaged in debate on things from time to time, and in fact be grateful for it even when its something you dont want to explore. the debates are what makes 2p2 good, not bad.

i'd suggest that if you dont want to be engaged on, say, preflop then your best course is to simply ignore all discussion about preflop and not even reply to it.

my2c
Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Well ill take a shot...

The manner you get to the river is clearly important. Personally I do not think that raising your hand from your position is very good. I also do not think its that big a deal.

If you are going to raise that hand from that postion, and you are going to see a flop multiway, and you do flop top pair with a good kicker when there are a bunch of draws on the flop I would NOT reccomend Checking into two players, because one of them is shortstacked. You give absolutely no indeication of why you think he will bet, allowing you pull your trick check/raise maneouvore.

You then underbet the pot in my opinion.. giving far too good odds to the multitude of draws.

Then, the river comes, which is the street you want to discuss...

QT got there. Spades got there. Random Kings got there. And you title your post "River Value?". Well if thats the question, then the answer is no. There is no value in betting the river because you will not get called by worse often enough. But I drew that conclusion from previous streets which is why I chose to mention them. I mean ffs... it's only my opinion, but at the end of the day you can take that on board, use it how you wish and add to your knowledge.... even if all you gleam is "bet tpgk on drawy boards 3-handed when I am pfr for protection... dont go for trick plays that get me into trouble".

Or don't.

If I was going to bet t his river I would be doing so as a blocker bet. If villian is really bluffy I think I would c/c. If not, then c/f.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 PM

c/f river, i dont like ur flop line in general cause ur commiting urself against reg if he has a hand, hoping that a passive player bets for u AND hoping that this passive player's betting range will call a c/r with worse then tp3k. I dont think pf is bad btw.