Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Clock ruling at the Bellagio

I'm in late position on the turn against one villian who started the hand in early position.

The villian checks to me. I bet $50.

As soon as I make the bet, I lower my head so the villian cannot see my eyes because I don't want him to get a read on me.

After 30 seconds of his debating the call, a woman (not one of us) calls for a clock. The villian starts complaining because it seemed awfully fast for someone to call a clock.

I continue to stare down, not wanting the villian to get a read on me.

The floorman comes over, stands behind the dealer. he asks who the clock is on. The dealer makes a motion that I don't see because I'm still staring down like a statue at the felt.

The clock runs out and the floor pushes the pot TO THE VILLIAN.

I scream, "WHOA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?"

The dealer claims that the villian went all in three minutes ago and while I was staring down at the felt trying to prevent the villian from getting a read on me, I was the one who was on the clock.

I had no idea that the action was on me because the villian never put a stack out to signify his all in. The dealer claims he announced it, but 4 other players at the table are as confused as I am because they didn't hear a thing. All but two players (one was the villian) didn't know that the action was on me.

Villian takes the pot after the floor rules that my hand is dead. I'm mad because the Bellagio is loud as hell and I just didn't hear it. How was I suppose to know if he was all in if he doesn't put a stack of chips out to declare his bet?

Should I fight this one further or do I just have to let this one go?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Clock ruling at the Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
How was I suppose to know if he was all in if he doesn't put a stack of chips out to declare his bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
how would that have helped? you couldn't even see the dealer pointing you out to the floor.

the dealer indicated to the floorman that clock was called on you. i don't see any grounds for you to claim not to know that action was on you.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 AM

Note to self, stop staring at the felt and pay attetion to the game. Players aren't getting that big a read off of you from your eyes and if they are, you're doing something wrong. Wear glasses if you're that worried about it in the future.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:22 AM

Just pay attention to what's going on.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self, stop staring at the felt and pay attetion to the game. Players aren't getting that big a read off of you from your eyes and if they are, you're doing something wrong. Wear glasses if you're that worried about it in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I wasn't paying attention.

I was wearing a hat and I was nodding my head enough so I could see the villian's hands (and therefore his action.) It's my standard position when I'm in a hand when someone is debating a call. I try to mimic it exactly whethre I'm bluffing or not as to not give anything away.

Again, if he had put a stack of chips out, I don't think I would have a leg to stand on.

As is, I think I have a pretty legit gripe.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 AM

Doesn't the fact that 4 other players at the table were as confused as I was mean anything? It's not like the majority of the table was staring off into space (least of all me.) Myself and 4 other players were under the impression that the action was on the villian.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:44 AM

the other players are irrelevant. there are 5 ppl involved: you, villain, the woman who called clock, the dealer and floor. it seems you were the only one who didn't know where the action was.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 AM

for christ sake pay attention to the game.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:19 AM

so...absolutely no one is on my side. awesome. you all suck. Up ya butt wid a coconut.

Nah, j/k. Thanks for the input anyway. If I'd called, I'd have been drawing to a one-outer anyway. I'll let it go.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:26 AM

Verbal declarations made in turn are binding. Even if you don't hear it. Even if it's one of your opponents.

You've been watching too friggin' much wpt on tv. People that feel the need to hide so completely from their opponents that they don't even realize it's them who's on the clock have serious issues and need to get a grip on reality. Why don't you just get a little frame mounted on your shoulders with a little shower curtain on it, this way you can just pull it around yourself anytime you're in a hand.

I have no sympathy here but if I keep going I might be able to spew forth a couple more dry heaves worth of sarcasm.

Al