Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Why I don\'t care about the news

feeds and podcasts are awesome for news

i use google reader and i hand pick about 6 podcasts i follow

it really lets you keep up with the important news of the world w/o knowing anything about brad pitt or beyonce

as for feeling like you can't change anything, many recent news stories have been broken by tips from observers... an example is Walter Reed...... and people got fired and legislation is going through in response to that story
Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 AM

I don't pay much attention to the news and the only reason I would is so when other people talk about I would know wtf they are talking about, but most of the time this would lead to me getting angry about how stupid they are when I hear a conversation, and I still wouldn't care. I'm not sure why, but I think a lot of people in my age group (I'm 20 and not sure how far I extend this 'age group'), especially males are very apathetic in general. I just don't care, and my reasons include NLSoldier's and others in this thread along with just simply not caring about anything that doesn't affect my life, and then when it does affect me and I will need to act on it, trusting that I'll hear about it somehow (here probably), and also probably not caring that much even if it does affect me. I don't think I would be better off if I was more informed. Am I a bad person for this? I don't think so.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I care too much to follow the news. Seriously, it makes me ill. I might still be burned out from 9/11, or maybe that just f'd my head up for good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I'd like to be more informed and everything but I really just can't handle it. I think watching/reading the news every day would literally make me depressed all the time.