Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do I do?
You can't let this opportunity pass you by, if she wont come along for the ride you have to leave 82 85.42%
stay there, and try to work things out with her 4 4.17%
open up three tables of omaha and call me in the morning, because i dont know what you should do Tex 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006, 02:09 PM

Default *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Thread* 2

That other thread is getting pretty long and I feel its been getting less traffic as a result so I thought I'd give us a fresh start. I hope no one minds.

To start it off here is the last quesiton posed by NolanFan in the other thread.

"
Question. 14 team, fairly standard scoring league with yardage, etc. Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, k, d.

My RB's are Willie Parker, Cadillac Williams, Frank Gore, and Laurence Maroney.

My WR's are Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, Greg Jennings, Rod Smith, and Eric Parker.

So, I'd like to try to upgrade my 3rd WR slot. Which RB do you try to deal? My thought is that someone like Gore might be easier to trade, and get a better WR in return. But Williams might have enough value after these last two games as well. Who do you gamble with the rest of the way? "
Old 10-17-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

Nolan-

Im a huge fan o having 3 solid RBs. Im not sure how many of your top three have already had buys, but at some point injuries could very easily become a concern as well. So with that said I would try to find a team who has basically nothing for a 3rd RB and try to deal them marony+one of your WRs for a better WR.

Right now Id say jennings is the one most likely to be overvalued by your competitors but at the same time I really dont see you getting much for maroney and jennings.

If that doesnt work I guess Id just sit tight for now and use those 5 you have to try to get the best matchups possible.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

10 team league start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1 TE 1K 1D

My team:

hassellbeck
bulger

LT
T bell
F taylor
c taylor
t henry

a johnson
d branch
d driver
j horn
b edwards

t gonzo

akers

jax

im trying to get steve smith because i rate him at about the 2nd best WR right now and the guy who has him is hurtin at RB where im really deep.

his team:

t brady
m brunell
t green

s jackson
d foster
m turner

s smith
reg. brown
d stallworth
s moss
a bryant

t heap

pats
bengals

scobee
novak

Who should I package to try to get smith?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:42 PM

Who would you rather have, Rivers or Grossman?

Rivers has looked pretty solid thus far. Grossman had 5 good/great games and one awful one.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:45 PM

Rivers. Grossman weapons are nothing compared to Rivers.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:45 PM

NLS-
You could try seeing if he'll overvalue Travis Henry because of his game this week. Maybe Henry with Horn or something.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:49 PM

Rivers:

Pluses:

Gates
He plays Cleveland, STL, Oakland, Seattle, Arizona, Buffalo, and KC twice (not sure if this is that great), and Cincy
Efficient
Makes good decisions
PLayed well against Pittsburgh and Baltimore
Negatives

First year starting QB
No real great WR
LT takes a TON of tds
Plays Denver Twice

Grossman

Pluses

Great at home
Throws the deep ball well
plays well with lead
has decent WRs/TE
Has favorable matchups throughout the year, SF, Jets, Stl, Tampa, Detroit.
Team favors the pass to the run.
Beats up on bad teams

Minuses

Arizona game showed that he's weak on the road.
Running game isn't that great.
Short
They play NE and Giants on the road in November

I'd go with Rivers but then again he's looked really good lately. I don't think you can go wrong with any pick although Grossman plays Tampa/ Det in the 15/16 weeks and Rivers plays Kan / Sea the 15/16 week. I think Grossman has a small edge there but their matchup is horrible for both.

Another thing about Rivers is that just started to let him air it out and he's done a good job in the last 2 games doing that.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM

NLSoldier,

it'll be hard imo to trade anything until stallworth gets healthier, but jackson does have a bye this week so now's as good a time as any to try to deal him one of the taylors and a good wr for a better wr. i don't think he'll want to take a guy with a bye (travis henry) because it doesn't help him right now, and he'll be hurting in the future on the trade until stallworth gets back.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:14 PM

I'd like to try and take Holt from the worst team in the League.

My teamStart QB, 2xRB, 3x WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DEF. Basic Scoring) sportingnews FF if anyone is wondering.

QB-Brady, Brees, Hasselbeck
RB- LJ, Fred Taylor, Droughns, Maroney and Mo Morris
WR- Burress, Kennison, Keyshawn, Deion Branch
TE- Heath Miller
K- Josh Brown
Def- Jax and Denver

His Team:
QB- Delhomme and Vick
RB- Portis, Benson, McCallister, Jamal Lewis, and Ron Dayne(?)
WR- Holt, Moss, D Jackson, Moulds, Greg Jennings
TE- Bo Scaife and Dallas Clark
K- Vanderjagt
Def- KC

I feel I have to make an upgrade of some sort. I was thinking Brees+Droughns but that feels like I'll be giving up a whole lot. Holt does have a bye this week.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:41 PM

Needle-
If you could get him for Brees and Droughns, I would definitely do it. Backup QB and backup RB for the best WR in the league? Hell yea, that's way lopsided for you. I seriously doubt he'll do that though. Nobody needs 3 QBs, not sure why you have 3.