Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 11:52 AM

Default 2 hands against a limp raise 5/10 (5 max)

5 max on a non PT site. I've never posted before but I've been playing online now for just over 7 months and after all the bonus wh*ring and lurking on this site my BR's decent and I'm getting a good rakeback deal at the site i've played the last few months so time to try to better my winrate (although I have no idea what it is since i can't keep stats)

anyways, this is from memory (no hand histories on the site) but I'm pretty sure it's correct the first hand is just to set up the second

Player 1 (UTG + 1 or Highjack) I've played with many times usually not as aggressive typically limps alot even sh'd has been raising a ton this session either running hot and getting confident or in a weird mood? maybe just getting a better than average distribution of cards over this small sample size. BB is an unknown but site is small and I recognize most names imbetween the 4/8 15/30 limits so probably new to the site or playing higher than usual. Both have shown down very marginal hands ie called turn check raise on 3 diamond boards with no diamond called with rivered pair on 4 flush board. I have never seen either limp raise and i've been at the table for probably an hour plus by this point and have played with player 1 on quite a few occassions.

first hand: 1 fold UTG+1 calls, Hero Raises with AQo on button, small folds, bb calls, UTG+1 3bets, Hero calls, BB calls

flop: J 6 5 rainbow ( 9.5 sbs) BB checks, UTG +1 bets, Hero calls, BB calls

turn: 7 puts two hearts on board BB checks, UTG +1 checks, Hero checks

river: 8 BB bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero folds BB calls

UTG+1 shows AA BB mucks

Hand 2: same orbit Hero is now BB
1 fold, CO calls (BB from before), btn folds, small raises, hero calls with j 10o no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] CO raises sb calls hero calls

flop j 7 5 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s (9 sbs)

sb checks, hero checks, CO bets, sb calls, hero calls

turn 6h sb checks, hero checks, CO bets, sb folds, hero...

I wasn't really happy with how i played either hand in hand 1 was my flop peel incorrect given no bd draws possibility of reverse domination ect, pot odds? does anyone bet that turn when checked to into two loose opponents? And in hand two i didn't really give myself any information with my flop play i ended up calling and I got shown AA with the Ah <font color="white"> </font> how should i have played that flop and turn? having to call 2 more bbs on the turn is it likely enough he shows AK AQ or 10 10 - 8 8? i thought he might be tilting/spewing a bit from the limp raise and attempted screwplay hand from the previous hand.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 2 hands against a limp raise 5/10 (5 max)

Hand 1: Folding the flop does seem like a consideration to me.

I don't think I'd bet the turn.

Hand 2: I might checkraise the flop and hope this was for value, but the calldown seems all right to me. In any case, I certainly wouldn't fold my top pair once the action became HU on the turn.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Re: 2 hands against a limp raise 5/10 (5 max)

I don't like a flop c/r in hand two because if you're ahead after the CO bet and SB call, its not by much. I'd rather lead and hope CO folds out SB with a raise or just c/c.