Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Clock ruling at the Bellagio

If I were the OP, I think I would have asked the clock caller in front of the floor,"Who did you call the clock on?" If she says Villan you might have gotten away with the "world serious" routine; if she said I called the clock on you, rack up and call it a night with the rosy cheeks.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After 30 seconds of his debating the call, a woman (not one of us) calls for a clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it one of those bots I keep hearin' so much about? I hear they make more of them women so people won't suspect them as much.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry I posted this thread. Nothing was accomplished except a bunch of people got mad each other and flamed me.

[/ QUOTE ]
You did just fine. I believe you gave us a completely accurate view of what went on from your perspective. The responses you got were unnecessarily rude, but do serve to get the point across that players simply cannot retract into a shell and ignore the world while a hand is in play. However much you may want to avoid speaking, moving, or showing your face, SOME amount of situational cognizance is mandatory. Thank you for taking one for the team.

I'm very happy you posted this tale--it's different than the usual replays of the same basic situations we read here most of the time and we all got to play Aesop and end the tale with "...and the moral of this story is...".
Old 10-27-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the pot to the villain too, but I thought the Bellagio had a rule that all-in players have to put some chips out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but some of the lazy-ass curmudgeon dealers who should've been put out to pasteur long ago are too lazy to ask the AI player to do so.

Or in this case, too f'n uncaring to make sure to let OP know that villain was AI.

Me, if a player is sitting there for ~10 seconds and hasn't done a thing and seems to be spaced out, I tell them its on them. Once every couple days I'll get the nitty "I know it's on me" wrinkle-faced response, but at least I f'n know they're alive and concious.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:08 PM

op got what he deserved for his hollywooding ZOMG $50 staredown [censored].
Old 10-27-2007, 07:31 PM

I got the impression that this was a cash game...So why are people calling the clock?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the impression that this was a cash game...So why are people calling the clock?

[/ QUOTE ]

they have no idea how to behave in society, which is why they are in the card room to begin with.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they have no idea how to behave in society, which is why they are in the card room to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah I see...Good to know
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people will sit there and think and think and think and Hollywood over their hand forever and others at the table want to keep the action moving. Calling for the clock usually gets whipped out after 3-4 minutes of hemming and hawing.