Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Travelling to Thailand/Indonesia, suggestions?

hello all,
i am travelling to bankok thailand and jakarta/bandung indonesia in febuary. I will be alone for the most part. Does anyone have good suggestions as what to do with my time (especially during the day, at night i'll probably just party)
Old 10-08-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Travelling to Thailand/Indonesia, suggestions?

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui...sia/indonesia/
Old 10-10-2007, 01:58 AM

Bali is great
Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 AM

Why are you going to Jakarta?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 AM

Jakarta is a real shithole. I spent many years there. However, if you are just looking to get wasted and [censored] some semi-hot Indon girls, then you won't need to look far. Go to the nearest disco and flash some dollars.

Bandung is much nicer and cooler, but less partying. However, you can still find plenty of action if you ask around. Get some random taxi driver to show you around. Don't buy any drugs off him though.

I suggest going to the Puncak while you're there. It's halfway between Jakarta and Bandung. The city is called Cipanas. It takes about 2 hours from Jakarta, barring traffic jams. There's an awesome safari there, and the weather is very nice. Lots of spas. Nightlife is a bit slow, though, so don't go there to party much.

Lastly, make sure you go to Anyar if you can. It's about 2-3 hours west of Jakarta. The beach is [censored] awesome. The nightlife rocks. You can see Krakatau (well, at least the new Baby Krakatau) in the distance. Lots of daytime activities on the beach (jetskis, etc.). Boat rides way out too if you like. Girls are smoking hawt.

Have fun.

One last thought. You might want to pick up some random girl in Jakarta and have her travel around with you the whole time as your tour guide. Make sure she doesn't have AIDs if you're gonna [censored] her. You can take her to a clinic to get an on-the-spot blood test.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One last thought. You might want to pick up some random girl in Jakarta and have her travel around with you the whole time as your tour guide. Make sure she doesn't have AIDs if you're gonna [censored] her. You can take her to a clinic to get an on-the-spot blood test.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, this is kind of a depressing thought.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a way, yeah, but it's pretty normal there. When in Rome...
Old 10-14-2007, 05:33 PM

Excuse me. Pardon me sir...but if ur headin to Thailand...

Have you checked out degen's legendary Thailand thread? It not be a secret it's perma bumped in this forum.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a way, yeah, but it's pretty normal there. When in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds a lot like thailand haha

would you have to pay that girl for those services? would she expect money?

also do those girls give you the whole song and dance about their families and sick buffalo and then try to get you to marry them? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have the pay them cash as if they were whores. But you are expected to pay for their food and hotels, etc. They actually don't want to be treated like whores, so putting cash on the table in the morning isn't cool. On the other hand, giving them some cash to get your beer (or whatever) for you and then not asking them for change is cool.

And yes, some of them will give you the song and dance stories, but if you tell them up front to keep a lid on it, they'll typically keep quiet. You won't be the first foreigner they've met, so they know the routine.