Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How long would it take for OOT to cause your demise?
Less than 24 hours 1 1.23%
>1 day, < 1 month 4 4.94%
>1 month, < 1 year 7 8.64%
Never, my life is not interesting enough for anyone to care that much 69 85.19%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
then again they might just seem good by comparison cause i'm used to kay/sterling/waldman

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually like to watch the Yankees broadcasts on YES, and usually their lineup with Kay, Flaherty, etc. (I'm not sure how they choose who to switch in and out) is pretty entertaining to me.

and my critique of the SNY guys puts their baseball knowledge/play-by-play ability side, it's basically just hating on their gay "bandbox" vs. pitcher's park [censored] that they can't get enough of. oh, and Gary Cohen's annoying-as-[censored] homerun call.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

man, listening to the SNY guys call the Mets games is [censored] unbearable. I've probably mentioned this before, but does anybody else listen to Cohen/Darling/Hernandez?
[censored] cocksmokers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Phils announcers aren't much better.

Tonights game included a nice dialogue between Chris Wheeler and Gary Matthews in which they brought up the idea of Matthews in a Speedo.

It's not enough that they assault my ears, they also feel the need to destroy the mental-imaging centers of my brain. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
then again they might just seem good by comparison cause i'm used to kay/sterling/waldman

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually like to watch the Yankees broadcasts on YES, and usually their lineup with Kay, Flaherty, etc. (I'm not sure how they choose who to switch in and out) is pretty entertaining to me.

and my critique of the SNY guys puts their baseball knowledge/play-by-play ability side, it's basically just hating on their gay "bandbox" vs. pitcher's park [censored] that they can't get enough of. oh, and Gary Cohen's annoying-as-[censored] homerun call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like everyone on YES except kay - he grinds the last nerve in my body. o'neill, singleton, kaat, girardi, leiter, justice, flaherty --- these guys have all been very good in the booth imo in the past few years
Old 09-21-2007, 10:50 AM

If anyone is around DC, im probly going to the game tonite, tomorrow, and sunday.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Phils announcers aren't much better.

Tonights game included a nice dialogue between Chris Wheeler and Gary Matthews in which they brought up the idea of Matthews in a Speedo.

It's not enough that they assault my ears, they also feel the need to destroy the mental-imaging centers of my brain. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well I'm not really a big fan of Wheels, but Sarge is pretty good. And of course Harry Kalas is the [censored] man. If I had to guess, I'd blame Wheeler for that scenario you described.

although most of the games I have to listen to on radio, so I get to hear Scott Fransky and Larry Anderson. Fransky's play-by-play is sort of weak, but he and LA always manage an entertaining broadcast.

also, the Mets broadcasters are such ridiculous homers. I wish I could punch Gary Cohen in the face every time he says something like, "Jose Reyes clearly has the defensive edge over Jimmy Rollins" or "If Reyes played in Citizen's Bank Park he'd certainly have 28 homeruns."
Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, the Mets broadcasters are such ridiculous homers. I wish I could punch Gary Cohen in the face every time he says something like, "Jose Reyes clearly has the defensive edge over Jimmy Rollins" or "If Reyes played in Citizen's Bank Park he'd certainly have 28 homeruns."

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you expect? Cohen grew up in Queens and has been a Mets fan his whole life. The other two played for the Mets for years. Of course they are going to be homers. Not to mention they work for SNY a cable channel owned by yep..the Mets!

Despite their homerisms they aren't terrible announcers. There are far worse throughout the league.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM

I think the Phillies guys are pretty good. The Flyers announcers OTOH have to be the biggest homer donks on the planet.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:04 PM

Gary Matthews is awesome.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:12 PM

eaton didn't do a horrible job. I wish he'd walk people less though.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:08 PM

bullpen did an awesome job tonight!