Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 08:06 PM

Default c/c call thsi sick river?

37/18/2 villain

Can i just check/call the river here?

Full Tilt Poker ($2/$4 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14.5 SB) [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (20.75 BB) [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Re: c/c call thsi sick river?

yah id be positive i was beat by the river given the turn action hes not popping that one combo of AQ or AJ again on the turn and calling a 3bet vs the guy who bet 3 bet an AKK flop often enough to think ur hand mite still be good after this river, u can pretty much put him squarely on a King here. if he does have an A he ll bet when u ck anyways or maybe he ll have had Q 10 of spades or something and bluff?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:15 PM

Kx is more likely than Ax. combowise they're the same but Ax is unlikely to give you this action whereas Kx is very likely to give you this action. check call because both hands bet the river. it's definitely not a value bet because an A just calls and a K raises. win 1, lose 2, and lose 2 more often than you win 1 even. it is pretty much a check, crying call. you won't win very often, but 1 in 20 is a good price.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has to have an Ace about twice as much as a K for you to bet here.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has to have an Ace about twice as much as a K for you to bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs to have an ace a bit more than that since he'll often bet an ace if checked to.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:35 PM

yeah it doesnt matter if the distribution is 90-10 Ax to Kx, check calling is better unless you think the guy can check behind a boat. this is assuming he never raises Ax when you bet.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 AM

yeah i knew what the right play was but it didnt happen unfortunately. this is the main thing i need to work on. not geting pissed and going "whatever if he has it he can have my extra $4, jerk!" but instead, actually making the right play each time even if i am frustrated.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i knew what the right play was but it didnt happen unfortunately. this is the main thing i need to work on. not geting pissed and going "whatever if he has it he can have my extra $4, jerk!" but instead, actually making the right play each time even if i am frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been through the perfect perfect twice now. Both times I capped the river knowing I was beat. Why'd I do it? Who cares. Will I do it again? Who cares. Quads over your big pair full is too rare to worry about.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:32 PM

He either has the case A or case K.

Just call.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been through the perfect perfect twice now. Both times I capped the river knowing I was beat. Why'd I do it? Who cares. Will I do it again? Who cares. Quads over your big pair full is too rare to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you are saying but I think you missed my point. Sure it's rare. My concern is I don't want to know the right +EV course of action and choose to not take it and throw $ away just cause I'm pissed off. When the river card came I knew I should check/call. But I was pissed off so I bet out instead.

I posted here just to make sure my gut had been right and to embarass myself.