Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 05:23 PM

Default iS JUST CALLING A STEAL RAISE IN LATE POSITION A GOOD TACTIC?

oops, had caps on, pardon.

I've noticed that certain players are just calling my late position steal raises when I make this raise from the cut off or one off of the cutoff. I make my continuation bet and they call, I give up on the turn and they bet, I have to fold.

Is this a good tactic (calling a steal) to employ versus using the steal reraise?

I recently fired two bullets on a board of 10d/3d/8/3. The button called, the river was an 8 and I checked, button turns over 10/J. I had A/6.

I don't know if this is a good tactic, but it sure is screwing me up because my steal raises just aren't working

I typically 3x the BB with my raises. I play really tight at the beginning and even to the extreme to appear as passive and wimpy as possible. When the tourney progresses, I open it up and have pretty good succes because people are perceiving me as being a tight nut peddler.

I assume the only answer to deal with these position calls is to read and react well.

Any advice?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: iS JUST CALLING A STEAL RAISE IN LATE POSITION A GOOD TACTIC?

I do this sometimes. I usally have a half decent hand but I will float a habitual c better. Much safer than restealing when there are people to act behind you. You do have to worry about a squeeze from the blinds though.